• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Ahh - now that changes my perception. Sure, yeah if you want to store the games and then move them back to the SSD for actually playing them then yeah that makes sense :).

Apologies and thanks for clarifying.

Shawrey

Yeah, no worries. Imo HDD makes most sense as it's just so cheap!

Soldato
Xbox wins the power contest!

By 1.7TFlop which means nothing actually? I believe you forgot what we have here are 2 different consoles. One looks like a cheap PC with proprietary storage, the other is a proper console.

That AMD 1 GPU CU soundchip the PS5 has is as fast as the PS4 GPU (1.84TF) and we have no idea what the GPU Scrubber does, which is build into the GPU chip. (and that part is custom & proprietary to the PS5 GPU).

Let alone the different APIs.

Associate
By 1.7TFlop which means nothing actually? I believe you forgot what we have here are 2 different consoles. One looks like a cheap PC with proprietary storage, the other is a proper console.

That AMD 1 GPU CU soundchip the PS5 has is as fast as the PS4 GPU (1.84TF) and we have no idea what the GPU Scrubber does, which is build into the GPU chip. (and that part is custom & proprietary to the PS5 GPU).
There was similar difference current gen and this meant native 4k vs checkerboarding for RDR2 for example. They still used different systems and yet spec were reflecting difference

Soldato
One looks like a cheap PC with proprietary storage, the other is a proper console.

Congrats, I've been here a long time and that's vying for the silliest fanboy post I've read :D

Power seems pretty similar, I think the way power can be redistributed in PS5 could be harder work for developers but could also close or even overtake the theoretical power difference.

To be honest, I'll likely buy both fairly soon after release since in terms of cost/hour of fun, they'll both be a bargain in the long run. If I have to pick one then unless there are some launch titles to sway me then I'd lean towards XSX purely for the backward-compatibility so I have more titles to play day 1.

Soldato
Congrats, I've been here a long time and that's vying for the silliest fanboy post I've read :D

Power seems pretty similar, I think the way power can be redistributed in PS5 could be harder work for developers but could also close or even overtake the theoretical power difference.

To be honest, I'll likely buy both fairly soon after release since in terms of cost/hour of fun, they'll both be a bargain in the long run. If I have to pick one then unless there are some launch titles to sway me then I'd lean towards XSX purely for the backward-compatibility so I have more titles to play day 1.

The day MS puts VR headset support to the Xbox come back with a proper responce :p
Until then the Xbox is the inferior console even if is a pretty powerful PC

Soldato
Current console gen is more or less the same hardware wise. There aren't unique features that differentiate them.
They aren't though, Series X is far ahead seeing as Sony talked the PS5 "boosting" its speeds, ie not locked. So more like 9tf with lesser memory etc.
They are both quite obviously consoles made for the console market.

Associate
The day MS puts VR headset support to the Xbox come back with a proper responce :p

At the end of the day, Sony has proven itself with its first party catalog. Something Xbox owners really hope that Microsoft is addresses in its next generation.

However, I'm really not convinced VR at this point is more than a niche product than you suggest. I could be wrong and Microsoft could be behind the curve.

Soldato

So your logic is:

Xbox doesn't have VR
PS has VR
PC has VR

Therefore Xbox is a PC :p

I have an XB1X and PS4 Pro (and switch), might come as a surprise to you but they are all consoles and all have their merits. Much easier to enjoy them all than bothering to tell people why their choice is somehow wrong.

Anyway, I'll end there rather than derail this when it's supposed to be an XSX thread.

Soldato
Specs of both are decent yes XSX is more powerful but if Sony has the better games again (better imo) then it doesn't matter what specs ms has as people may flock to Sony again

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Specs of both are decent yes XSX is more powerful but if Sony has the better games again (better imo) then it doesn't matter what specs ms has as people may flock to Sony again
Yep. It’s all about the games. Only way I would consider going Xbox would be if I was not a PC gamer, but can play their exclusives on PC anyways.

Soldato
Yep. It’s all about the games. Only way I would consider going Xbox would be if I was not a PC gamer, but can play their exclusives on PC anyways.
Ditto I love the spec of it but my PC will play all there games so it needs to do something special for me game wise.

Game pass tempts me but not enough to justify the large outlay of cash especially with what's going on right now!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I would rather not game than own a console TBH, and hear it every time that this is going to be the best thing since sliced bread/second coming.
Well I primarily game on my PC and got a PS4 Pro a few months ago to play on my OLED and really had a great time with all the PlayStation exclusives. Surprisingly great graphics too, better than most if not all PC games that are played on a non OLED panel.

Also got a Nintendo Switch and had a blast on titles like Zelda BOTW. So not sure why you would deny yourself all these great games.

Only way I would understand you is if you said all you ever play is multiplayer online competitive twitch gaming and need 144hz or something. Apart from that it comes of as cut of your nose to spite your face.

Back
Top Bottom