Xbox360 Warrenty info?

Soldato
Hi,

I am looking at buying an xbox 360 second hand and I am wondering what the deal is with the 3 year warrenty if I do? I was looking at repairing one with the rrod but it doesn't seem to save me much money at all compared to buying a working 2nd hand one.

Also I will be connecting it to my monitor, which I realise I need a vga cable, I have been looking about and have found some cables much cheaper than the MS official one. Is there any recommended makes or should I just lump up the cash for an official one?

Also is there any accessories that people really recommend getting?

Soldato
I have the offical VGA cable and it has never been anything other than excellent, wholly worth it.

I've heard of some ghosting issues with some 3rd party cables, though I don't know if that is still the case.

Soldato
You should easily be covered for RROD for 3 years from when the console was manufactured (on a sticker on the back)

official VGA cable is the one to get. Play and charge kits are good if you have wireless pads

Soldato
OP
Thanks, will go for official then.

One more thing, my monitor is 19" 16:10, with a max res of 1440x900. Does anyone know whether the native resolution is now supported? I can only find info on the net from 2006.

Back
Top Bottom