XFL "REBOOT"

Caporegime

And once again Vinnie Mac is dipping his toe outside wrestling, in an attempt to yet again lose more money which seems to be his favourite past-time. $100 million to "start with" apparently.

Caporegime
OP
It's not like he has money issues really though is it. He looks superb for 72 years old as well.

He doesn't but historically when he tries something outside of wrestling it falls flat on its arse. I've heard people behind the scenes say he has an inferiority complex unable to accept that he hasn't been successful outside of wwe which is one of the reasons why they no longer say "wrestling or wrestler" and its replaced with "sports entertainment" and "superstar". Just by swapping out 2 words he thinks he's totally separate from what people consider wrestling.

Caporegime
I was under the impression it has been sports entertainment for a long time so they weren't held to the same regulatory standards as proper sports.

However would agree he is very stubborn and will want to prove himself.

Caporegime
OP
I was under the impression it has been sports entertainment for a long time so they weren't held to the same regulatory standards as proper sports.

Vince in an interview once said something along the lines of "wouldn't it be great if we could get that wrestling word out of wwf". You can see him say that and gibber on in the video above from the 14:52 mark.

That's just how he thinks, his product is no different from any other wrestling promotion, the main difference being far better production values. He honestly thinks swapping out 2 words makes what he does different from everyone else. Its no different to when one day suddenly wwf fans were referred to as the "wwe universe", that came out of nowhere and people were like "wtf is this", the commentators prattled on for weeks like it was something the viewers had always been called.

Soldato

think that was just him going on record stating the wrestling was "scripted entertainment" as he had enough of the athletic taxes/licensing at the time.

Back
Top Bottom