XFX 7600GT XXX & Sony 50" Bravia LCD

Soldato
I have just got this card and it apparently supports HD.A little confused as what connections i should use.

Can i just use the DVI out and use a DVI/VGA converter? Is that the right way top connect it?

Thanks

Associate
CS||nuTs said:
I have just got this card and it apparently supports HD.A little confused as what connections i should use.

Can i just use the DVI out and use a DVI/VGA converter? Is that the right way top connect it?

Thanks

Connect the DVI out to one of the HDMI inputs on the TV - you'll need to take a lead from the PC soundcard to the phono inputs of the TV as DVI only carries a video signal.

Soldato
OP
Ok thanks for that.I managed to pick up a DVI->HDMI cable and hooked it up.
For some reason the display ie this message is all blurry! Any ideas?

Soldato
CS||nuTs said:
Ok thanks for that.I managed to pick up a DVI->HDMI cable and hooked it up.
For some reason the display ie this message is all blurry! Any ideas?

Remember just like PC TFT, LCD TV's have a native resolution. Try to run them at other resolutions and the signal has to be converted to the native resolution which often ends up looking a mess, just like setting many PC TFT's to 640x480 will look a lot less sharp than the standard default res.

So bearing that in mind.

1: Your not outputting to the TV at it's native res ie PC desktop resolution is set differently.

or

2: Your TV does not support 1:1 pixel mapping via HDMI, by this we mean your telly really expects either a 720p or 1080i signal and anything else it will stretch to one of those resolutions even if the signal is actually output at the Tellys native resolution, many TV's only support 1:1 pixel mapping via VGA.

p.s. Bravia isn't a model name, sony seem to slap that on all there telly's so for specific info you'll need to tell us the model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom