XFX XTR 1050W + Cablemod Kit help?

Associate
Hey,
I own a XFX XTR 1050W and I recently picked up a SE-Series Cablemod Kit on the cheap to match my colour scheme. The bloke I bought it from said he had the kit running with exactly the same power supply, and showed me that he did actually own the same power supply. Now it's not like I don't trust him.. but I don't trust him and would like to double and triple check before I roast my PC.

On Cablemod's website their compatibility list doesn't state the 1050W XTR as supported for the SE-Series kit. It does show the XTR series up to 850W, and the Seasonic X-Series 1050W XM2 which I thought the XTR was just a rebrand from.

I have asked around with little response. Cablemod gave me the liability jargon of "if it's not listed we don't support it", XFX support didn't know and hand-balled me to Seasonic who just didn't respond at all.

So I implore anyone with experience in this matter, does (or should) this kit work with this PSU?

Thanks.

Man of Honour
Your XFX XTR 1050w is based on the Seasonic KM3S platform which is slightly different to the KM3 platform and is probably why Cablemod doesn't list your psu in the compatibility list. The XTR 750w and below are based on the Seasonic G series. You could compare the pins on the XFX cables to the Cablemod cables and if they are exactly the same they "should" be ok.

Back
Top Bottom