XMP failure - TEAM GROUP XTREEM " EDITION" 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 PC4-32000C18 4000MHZ

Associate
Hello forum.

I built my PC earlier in the year, it was my first build and I do not claim to know much of what i am doing on the programming and setup side.

I have an i9-9900KS, Asus Maximus Formula XI MB & TEAM GROUP XTREEM " EDITION" 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 PC4-32000C18 4000MHZ but whenever i try and activate the XMP setting I then get stuck in the boot loop. I have just left it at the standard 2333 (I think from memory) setting but I want to be able to run it at the speed that it should work at.

Can anyone please help me get it working properly?

Thanks.

Associate
I don't know much about Intel system but this is probably also just an issue with the memory controller not able to run such speeds over 4 DIMMs. To test this take 2 sticks and put them in slots 2 and 4 (according to the manual)

If you can boot with XMP 2 sticks it's just a problem of memory controller and you would need to look about with what voltages need to be adjusted to get stability.

Associate
OP
I don't know much about Intel system but this is probably also just an issue with the memory controller not able to run such speeds over 4 DIMMs. To test this take 2 sticks and put them in slots 2 and 4 (according to the manual)

If you can boot with XMP 2 sticks it's just a problem of memory controller and you would need to look about with what voltages need to be adjusted to get stability.

Thanks for the input. Have I made a proper school boy error here? So my CPU is listed as dual channel, MB is 4xDDR4 but says Dual Channel memory architecture. So am I incorrectly running 4 sticks and should only use 2 in slot 2&4?

Soldato
You can still run 4 sticks but it may take some fiddling about with voltages or dropping the speed down to 3600mhz to get it running.

Associate
As previosuly mentioned, the stock RAM speed for a 9900ks is 2400Mhz so anything above that is an overclock and default settings aren't likely to work.

You'll need to up VCCIO voltage in your BIOS. You may also need to increase the "System agent" voltage.

Anything up to about 1.25v is safe.

Try increasing the VCCIO until you boot and only increase the SA if you really need to.

I'm running 4x 8gb Team 8 pack 3600cl14 stuff at 4133 16-16-16 with VCCD of 1.47, 1.25 VCCIO and 1.20 SA on my Aurous z390 ultra.

Associate
OP
As previosuly mentioned, the stock RAM speed for a 9900ks is 2400Mhz so anything above that is an overclock and default settings aren't likely to work.

You'll need to up VCCIO voltage in your BIOS. You may also need to increase the "System agent" voltage.

Anything up to about 1.25v is safe.

Try increasing the VCCIO until you boot and only increase the SA if you really need to.

I'm running 4x 8gb Team 8 pack 3600cl14 stuff at 4133 16-16-16 with VCCD of 1.47, 1.25 VCCIO and 1.20 SA on my Aurous z390 ultra.
Ok thanks, I will take a look at trying that.

Associate
Thanks for the input. Have I made a proper school boy error here? So my CPU is listed as dual channel, MB is 4xDDR4 but says Dual Channel memory architecture. So am I incorrectly running 4 sticks and should only use 2 in slot 2&4?
From memory not sure if your board is T topology or daisy chain for the ram slots.

T topology easier going with 4 sticks on dual channel system but not to say daisy chain can't work with a bit of fiddling.

They wouldn't have 4 ram slots if you couldn't run 4 sticks, just might take a bit more effort.

Back
Top Bottom