Xonar DX, headphone and back

Associate
My Xonar DX is plugged into a PCIE4x slot, the floppy power connector is attached and the aux (front headphone/mic) plugged into the board.

In Win 7, having disable onboard sound and installed latest xonar drivers, I can't seem to get the headphone jack to work (also says no information for headphone jack under sound).

Should the back ports light up? For me only the SPDIF port is lit.

Any help much appreciated.

Soldato
Only the D2/X has lighted connections. SPDIF always has a red light, that's what it uses to transmit the data through the optical cable, light pulses.

In Windows sound properties, is Speakers Xonar DX, set to default? It might be set to SPDIF digital, which would be wrong.

Associate
OP
Only the D2/X has lighted connections. SPDIF always has a red light, that's what it uses to transmit the data through the optical cable, light pulses.

In Windows sound properties, is Speakers Xonar DX, set to default? It might be set to SPDIF digital, which would be wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up :D. Yes the SPDIF is red and speaker is set to default. What is somewhat funny is that I compiled open source drivers on linux and front jack works without problem so windows issue, before this I feared bad connection on case.

I've seldom used Windows 7 so need to get my head around it

Soldato
It sounds to me as though it is set to headphones or 2 speakers, in the analogue out selection box in the Xonar CP. Should be set to FP headphones, to get the sound to go to the front audio sockets.

Back
Top Bottom