1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XRP Ripple, anyone buying ?

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by Paul11, Dec 7, 2017.

1. muon

Capodecina

Ah okay I see hundreds of thousands of those wallets are actually institutional investors. I don't think you understand what you are saying.

Secondly I am aware that the largest wallets are exchanges (hence my comment about not including the individual accounts held on exchanges). They represent tens of thousands of individual retail investors. The 300,000 wallets you see there are a massive underestimate of the total number of account holders.

I have provided you evidence of a ridiculous number of retail investors. I challenge you to show me holdings of institutional investors who as you believe must be holding billions of XRP and are continuously buying on the exchanges where Ripple, it's founders and Xpring recipients are dumping on.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. Trusty

Capodecina

What do you mean there is a massive underestimate of the total number of holders?

That website pulls all xrp wallets, what you see there is what is happening. There is no secret accounts.

You haven't provided evidence of a ridiculous amount of retail investors, you have no idea what who those xrp wallets belong to, do you?

You also said that people don't have more than 1 wallet, do you honestly think someone with 1 million XRP has only 1 wallet?

My evidence that it's not retail investors buying up 100's of millions of XRP every month is the fact that 1/ XRP is not that popular & 2/ there isn't 100's of millions of fresh retail fiat entering the space every month. Is there even 100's of millions of fresh retail fiat going into BTC every month, let along XRP?

If Wall St and London institutes are getting involved, would they park their money in a system at the mercy of China's authoritarianism?

3. muon

Capodecina

Right so wall street investors hold thousands of wallets each. How many of the 300,000 wallets are owned by institutional investors? How many institutional investors do you think are there.

You seem to either be insinuating there are tens if thousands of institutional investors or that there are fewer and for some absurd reason they hold thousands of wallets each. Have you actually done the maths?

Also the fact you have renamed exchange accounts as "secret" accounts shows your absurd understanding of the situation. One large exchange wallet represents thousands of actual accounts that you can't see on the ledger, that's not hard to understand. So 300,000 wallets/accounts is the lower bound.

All logic and rationality seems to have fallen out the window for you.

4. Trusty

Capodecina

I didn't rename it secret account. I was pointing out there are no secret accounts. I know far more about the XRPL than you do. :)

You only need 67k xrp to be in the top 1 percent.
    67k = 30k usd (generous considering the price has been going down over the past 18 months.)
    Average retail investors don't have 30k usd to spend on crypto.
    Exchanges don't use 1 xrp wallet, some do, but the majority have individual wallets for their customer. This point was address by David Schwartz himself.
    You underestimate how many companies are working with Ripple and how many wallets they need. You seem to think 1 wallet per company, which is laughable tbh.

You don't know half as much as you think you do. You've consistently made claims in this thread which are not true.

Anyway, i'm done with you. I don't have to the time or energy, i'd much rather spend my time debating stuff which is going to increase my knowledge rather consistently have to prove false claims wrong. You believe what you want to believe, let people decide for themselves if they want to buy XRP.

5. muon

Capodecina

@Trusty

So you've eliminated the top 1% from average retail investors (for the record that doesn't prevent them being retail investors, since they don't need to be the average).

What about the other 99%. The massive majority of accounts.

You want to focus on increasing your knowledge? What you actually want is illogical or zero evidence theories that comfirm your pre-existing biases.

I've challenged you to show me institutional investors. You response has been stating as a fact almost that wall street and london "institutes" are investing and spreading their holding across thousands of wallets. An illogical scenario with zero evidence.

You are a retail investor (which we know exists with certainty) and XRP is propped up by people like you, not wall street.

6. Trusty

Capodecina

OK, one last reply. I work for KBC in Dublin. I consider myself a retail investor but my ear is far closer to the ground than yours.
    Much like you wanted proof of the volume stats that JP Morgan are using XRP, if you expect to get definite proof of owned xrp wallets broken down into categories, you are living in the clouds.

I mean, do you realise that Moneygram has 350,000 agents across the world...
    You seem to think that Moneygram has 1 xrp wallet, and this goes for every other company working with or indirectly working with Ripple. They will all have thousands of accounts. Much like regular banks have thousands of accounts.

This is not difficult stuff, but i can see why it is for you when you don't know how the XRPL works.

7. muon

Capodecina

Again an interesting theory with zero evidence. Moneygram wouldn't be an investor anyway if they are using it for an actual purpose, so another name drop which doesn't fit your initial hypothesis.

You can't provide even a semblance of credible evidence because your statements are BS and are just questions on top of questions.

You claim Moneygram have 350,000 agents (for that number to be so large I assume you are using a very loose definition of the term as they only have 2500 employees) and therefore they must hold a very large number of wallets. That's not evidence or proof, that's just a theory you have invented at this moment.

You also claim it is ridiculous to expect for evidence of what volume JP Morgan (nice random namedrop) are trading, as if you think they are trading large volumes. With that level of logic you can make up any number you want.

It seems you have invested based on things that only exists in the clouds.

When XRP turns out isn't being bought in the $100s of millions every quarter by institutional investors as all the evidence points to (lack of large ledger transactions and a very large number of small holdings indicative of retail investors), I will call you out on it, including all those name drops like JP Morgan and others.

8. Trusty

Capodecina

So much ignorance in this post, 350,000 Moneygram agents, one wallet for all of them eh.

I'm done with our conversation.

You believe what you want to believe, i'll believe what i want to believe. Simples

9. muon

Capodecina

You believing 350,000 agents (or even just 10,000) are using XRP is the delusion.

You have no evidence for this. Moneygram isn't even using XRP like that. They only very recently did their first XRP remittance transaction test which they proudly declared in the Q2 earnings call.

xCurrent also does not use XRP.

Introducing Moneygram is moving goalposts anyway. You claimed institutional investors were buying XRP in the hundreds of millions and not retail investors. Moneygram are neither.

That's the key here. You believe a fantasy you have made up not supported by any evidence. I require evidence if I am to form a belief. So I don't buy into your fantasy.

10. Trusty

Capodecina

You're right. You are very knowledgable. I'll keep believing in my fantasy.

11. Trusty

Capodecina

Where did i say that?

You sure about that?

Whats this?
    https://coinjournal.net/moneygram-earthport-ripple-tech-remittance-romania/

Taken 3 years to do the 1st test, stupid Moneygram. Lazy *****

Hmmm...
    https://www.ft.com/content/de2b5514-231c-11e7-a34a-538b4cb30025

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  12. One Vision

Wise Guy

For those that are interested....and the uneducated (muon)
    Vital document
    (document removed)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 2:25 PM
  13. Trusty

Capodecina

What exactly is the problem with that document?

For someone just getting into crypto and wanting to look at different projects, it's a good summary overall.

14. Trusty

Capodecina

shhhhhh.....

Dont talk about XRP!

[​IMG]

15. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

God I really do wish trusty or one vision could do a good job of making a case for xrp. They really try so hard but fail every single time. I want to believe so much.

16. Trusty

Capodecina

lulz..

Why did you buy some if you don't think it has any future. Investment 101.

17. Bigpops

Mobster

Most peoples problem with XRP is this: The price isn't going up, no matter how good the news is.

That wouldn't be a problem if we were still in a bear market, but the total market cap over the last 6 months more than tripled at one point. Ethereum's chart is terrible, but it's still managed to gain a $10 billion lead over XRP in market cap, when their positions at 2 and 3 were reversed no too long ago.

18. wesimmo

Wise Guy

The big problem is, let's say Ripple becomes the dominant technology in whatever space it finds itself in.

It starts to generate huge profits and no longer needs cash to continue operating.

What then as an XRP holder?

The people at Ripple are now sitting on a multi billion pound business that cost them nothing to start up.

XRP holders have a variable number of tokens with no promise of anything behind them.

I'd suggest the XRP market went something like this.

Stage 1 they sold a load of hype and with that a lot of XRP and took 100% of the money.

Stage 2 was when they created more hype and dumped controlled amounts of their holding at various points in time, probably timed as Ripple needed money to continue their project.

I'd suggest in stage 2 they may also have propped the price up by buying their own stock, possibly explaining the huge amounts of wallets out there. At this point they're accepting that there is a cost and they're only getting 50% or whatever due to the buy backs, but it's still 50% of something.

19. One Vision

Wise Guy

I dont try so hard, hand on my heart i really dont give a toss what you guys do. I know whats coming and my bags are full, i will be buying another 3k XRP today too. If you dont believe in XRP then fair enough, sell your XRP, leave this thread and go back ETN coin or some other **** coin. Its all comes down to your own research, at the end of day nobody cares whether you buy xrp or cash out. I have removed the document too, you are not worthy tbh you dont deserve to be educated.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 2:27 PM
  20. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

like i said, I really do wish you could do a good job of making a case for xrp. you actually end up making the case against it. xrp having nut job followers doesn't do it any favour.

i hope you're right, i really do, but the style of yours and trustys posts just comes across as people who've drunk too much cool aid.