Yamaha rx-v475 with Alexa?

Associate
Hello

I am new here, and would love some advise to hopefully soothing that can be done.

I have my Xbox one s setup so when that turns on it turns my av receiver on too, I have the app to turn on and control via wifi/Ethernet. I am wondering if Alexa can if needed extra equipment to turn on and off the av receiver. If this is possible how?

Man of Honour
I have to be honest and say that I am not a big fan of voice control. Whilst I can appreciate the appeal for those who only need simple functionality, it doesn't offer me the sort of technical control I can achieve with RS232 or Hex codes. For this reason I don't waste a lot of time on it, so others here might have a different insight.

What I think you might find that the RX-V475 is too old a model to integrate with Alexa or Siri. It's a 2013-2014 model. Alexa didn't launch until the end of 2013, by which time the 475 was already on sale.

Associate
OP
hello
yes, that is what I believe, but if I can control the yamaha via my phones app, using the internet signals surely a little code/skill would allow alexa to use the same signal to the receiver. I am sure I am asking too much here lol just a maybe a small maybe but its still not been ruled out yet. even if I have to add an extra equipment.

even if I can turn it on and off when my tv turns on and off would be more than happy with but I have setup my xbox one s to turn on the yamaha but not off if thats possible or not i dont know

Man of Honour
I have just set up an amp that's older than yours with an Alexa Firestick for basic On/Off via CEC. TBH, it's just too damned fiddly to do anything worthwhile. Have a look at a Harmony Hub. It has Alexa integration and converts selected commands to IR control.

Back
Top Bottom