YAMAHA YHT196

Associate
Hi,

Moving home on 30th to a semi detached house, been living in a 2 bedroom flat and all my equipment has been in my bedroom and using currently logitech X-530 speakers so going to invest in good speakers and AMP for the living room in the house.

Just want to know if the YAMAHA YHT196 is a good starter system? i can get it for about £180, i looked at more expensive systems but don't want to spend more than £200 with xmas coming up.

Not really sure what to look for, i will be connecting a PS3, WD TV Live and Sky +HD box to this, any help would be good!

Soldato
No experience with it myself but it looks like a superb system for the money. Gives you a taste of a 'proper' home theatre system (i.e. one with a dedicated receiver) at a fraction of the cost.

There won't be that much room for upgrades (i.e. new speakers) with it as it uses a passive sub as opposed to a powered one, but by the time you want something better you'll be in a position to want a better receiver anyway.

Soldato
Have the same system and it's great for us, Sky and Xbox/PS3 everything sounds pretty good. The amp can take a powered speaker as well if you wanted to ever upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom