[YAMT] British Juror Arrested After Listening To Music Under Hijab

Associate
ChemicalKicks said:
Late joining on this but from the news story the girl was young.
Old enough to be deemed responsible to be trusted on a jury.

Im not defending her actions, she should get punished. Fair enough.
Agreed.

But look at all the behind closed door racism from some members, such "send her back (or even to jail/prison)
EH? ROFL. behind closed door racism? That is a new one to me, and how does this not contradict your quote above: one hand you acknowledge she should be punished but on the other accuse people of racism for wanting her to be punished?

The reason its such a shocker is because of preconceptions of people of this faith, didnt see it coming! You (aimed at no one in particular) reckon because she is Muslim she would not dare do such a thing.
on the contrary I see this as the norm, muslims sticking two fingers up at britain.

IMHO she is young and did something stupid, faith shouldnt be an aspect of this at all.
So you think she should have been made to remove her head gear like "the rest of us"?

Associate
Van_Dammesque said:
The fact she was wearing a headdress is not british, if you say it is please explain the origins in terms of the UK's history?!
lol. So what about someone wearing a baseball cap? Are you strongly opposed to people wearing these as the origins are not British?

Or is it just some lame justification for your prejudice?

Associate
barf0r said:
lol. So what about someone wearing a baseball cap? Are you strongly opposed to people wearing these as the origins are not British?

Or is it just some lame justification for your prejudice?
My "prejudice" stems from me not being able to wear any form of head gear in a court that covers my face and such (such as a balaclava or a baseball cap) and she is, why can you not see the discrimination here?

Yes I am opposed to head scarves being worn, this is not an islamic country and foreign cultures should be practised in foreign lands. It is quite simple to grasp that an islamic headscarf is not british, I see you have not provided any evidence to show that islamic head scarves are british in origins!

Permabanned
Van_Dammesque said:
By birth not cultural.

Oh so its not good enough to be born in a country anymore.

Anyway your side tracking fro the actual point, it is racism to single out someone for their belief and state they should be sent home.

The issue is she weas listening to music, you keep bringing in being british etc and Muslim always doing this that a sterotype.

I work with lots of different faiths, backgrounds and sexualities and I find your coments offensive and not British to me anyway.

Permabanned
Van_Dammesque said:
My "prejudice" stems from me not being able to wear any form of head gear in a court that covers my face and such (such as a balaclava or a baseball cap) and she is, why can you not see the discrimination here?

Yes I am opposed to head scarves being worn, this is not an islamic country and foreign cultures should be practised in foreign lands. It is quite simple to grasp that an islamic headscarf is not british, I see you have not provided any evidence to show that islamic head scarves are british in origins!

Back to the days of the Kings Great NAVY then. I dont know where you are living but its different. So the next time I see someone wearing a WWJD do I should run over and tear it off their wrist. Afterall if you go back far enough British was a Great Pagan Nation.

Permabanned
Van_Dammesque said:
And being british she should follow british traditions such as NOT wearing a head scarf.

Traditions then.

Take it you go to church every Sunday, your Protestant. You have your roast dinner on a sumday and you listen to the queens speach every year dont you!

Associate
ChemicalKicks said:
Oh so its not good enough to be born in a country anymore.
Anyone be born on a patch of soil, wehat defines that patch of soil from other patches is the culture and traditions, that is the concept of nations and national borders: the separation of cultures.

How can someone be british if they follow a foreign culture?

Anyway your side tracking fro the actual point, it is racism to single out someone for their belief and state they should be sent home.

The issue is she weas listening to music, you keep bringing in being british etc and Muslim always doing this that a sterotype.

I work with lots of different faiths, backgrounds and sexualities and I find your coments offensive and not British to me anyway.
Religion and faiths are not races so racism is not the correct word to use.

But anyway let us take on board YOUR defintion of "racism":
Person 1: Wears a head scarf in a court, result no comments made, it is allowed.

Person 2: Wears a garment on the head similar to a head scarf in a court, result told to remove it or be in contempt of court.

Difference between Person 1 and Person 2: One is a muslim the other is not. Who is being discriminated against by "racism"? Person A or B?

Yet again another comment but no explanation of how an islamic head scarf is british.

Associate
ChemicalKicks said:
Traditions then.

Take it you go to church every Sunday, your Protestant. You have your roast dinner on a sumday and you listen to the queens speach every year dont you!
I take it that wearing an islamic headscarf IS british tradition?
There are variations within a culture, this notion of head scaves is an alien concept, misogynistic and not at all compatible with our culture.

Permabanned
Van_Dammesque said:
Anyone be born on a patch of soil, wehat defines that patch of soil from other patches is the culture and traditions, that is the concept of nations and national borders: the separation of cultures.

How can someone be british if they follow a foreign culture?

Religion and faiths are not races so racism is not the correct word to use.

But anyway let us take on board YOUR defintion of "racism":
Person 1: Wears a head scarf in a court, result no comments made, it is allowed.

Person 2: Wears a garment on the head similar to a head scarf in a court, result told to remove it or be in contempt of court.

Difference between Person 1 and Person 2: One is a muslim the other is not. Who is being discriminated against by "racism"? Person A or B?

Yet again another comment but no explanation of how an islamic head scarf is british.

Listen if your really want to wear a head scarf why not convert, how does one person wearing a head scarf effect you.

Took you a total of 5 mins to come up with that response and your still dancing around the actual issue. She was listening to music in court.

Tell me did you listen to the queens speech last? Did you have your Sunday Roast? Just how British are you.

maybe Britian could start a new policy of Tradtionalsim. We could get Rid of everything not British and approved by the Queen.

But still the coments that you and others made are Racist wether or not you intended them to be I dont know. But you should take a look in the mirror who are you to decide if its acceptable to wear a head scraf.

I take it if you vistited a foreign contry you would be forst in line for their native dress, food, conduct wouldnt you?

S

Permabanned
Van_Dammesque said:
I take it that wearing an islamic headscarf IS british tradition?
There are variations within a culture, this notion of head scaves is an alien concept, misogynistic and not at all compatible with our culture.

Listen I dont expect you to start looking up new words to impress me (or yourself)

You took a bite out of the apple so continue with your original line please "send her home" I think w should send you home! Maybe someone where you'd fit in.

tell me how wearing the head scarf is not tradition.

Permabanned
Nothing more annoying than being on a bus and hearing some dam loud MP3 playing it would be even more annoying if you couldn't work out where it was coming. Whoever spotted it in the courts should be made a member of the intelligence agency.

Permabanned
FishFluff said:
I think the real issue here is what music was she listening to? I hope to god it was some form of brit-pop otherwise she should be punished for unpatriotic behaviour :mad:

Quite Agree, although I tend to listen to some weird music that doesnt come from the UK maybe I should just leave the country!

What about everyone else only listening to British Traditional Music?

What about you Van_Dammesque?

Associate
ChemicalKicks said:
Listen if your really want to wear a head scarf why not convert, how does one person wearing a head scarf effect you.
Why does "racism" bother you if you are not affected by it? Oh that is right it is called having morals and principles.

Took you a total of 5 mins to come up with that response and your still dancing around the actual issue. She was listening to music in court.
LOL, I didn't realise I was being timed, I shall take 10 mins in the future! :D

Tell me did you listen to the queens speech last? Did you have your Sunday Roast? Just how British are you.
I am against the monarchy, and never listen to the queen's speech. I do have sunday dinners though. I am not british I am english.

maybe Britian could start a new policy of Tradtionalsim. We could get Rid of everything not British and approved by the Queen.
I prefer that to islamification of the UK.

But still the coments that you and others made are Racist wether or not you intended them to be I dont know. But you should take a look in the mirror who are you to decide if its acceptable to wear a head scraf.
My comments are not racist, if you think so then look it up in a dictionary, here I'll save you the bother:
1. Discrimination........sod it, I'm not wasting time if you cannot answer my little scenario, your avoidance of the question speaks volumes. I am sick of pandering to people who use the race card for everything, get an argument first.

I take it if you vistited a foreign contry you would be forst in line for their native dress, food, conduct wouldnt you?
Absolutely, that would be THE reason to emigrate there!
I have said it in a thread in GD today in fact.

Back
Top Bottom