1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yemeni crisis & Saudi shenanigans

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Evangelion, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Nasher

Capodecina

The US has it's issues, but it isn't an oppressive dictatorship run by religious zealots.

We in "the west" are lucky. There is a reason global migration is only going in one direction.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  2. Uther

Sgarrista

Yes but they'll take us with them, seeing as we are the US's bitch.

3. Yas786

Caporegime

You sure about that?? :p.

It’s not far off from becoming that with the orange oompah loompah :p.

4. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

5. BowdonUK

Mobster

I was listening to BBC World Service radio last night and they had a "journalist" purposely trying to project disaster.

First he was talking about how prices for fuel would increase across the world, and how this took out half of the Saudi oil supply.

But during the conversation he would slip in facts like, this was 5% of Saudi oil supply, and they already have a 10% reserve that they hold back in times of demand. So in other words its not 50% its 5% and it was part of the reserve so there should be no effect to world supply.

I've noticed they also keep dropping Iran's name in to it, like it was an Iranian planned attack, again trying to hype tension.

6. StriderX

Capodecina

I mean the Wiki page literally states SA has 12 million barrels a day production... 10% is 1.2 million barrels, 50% is 6 million barrels. The only way you can get 5% is if the stated loss of production is an order of magnitude incorrect, which if the Aramco plant is shut down, seems unlikely.

Technically we don't actually "know" that the production is halted other than Arabia's word, but the numbers are legitimate, regardless the attack will definitely raise prices as now this has occurred in a huge scale on the biggest refinery there is, there's no way investors don't start running for the hills in prep for a major ME conflict that actually can disrupt supply in a major manner.

Mind you that's roses for North Sea and American Shale oil...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  7. Stretch

Capodecina

Don't forget to take lube when you next visit the petrol pump.

8. Stretch

Capodecina

It might be Trumps trump hand... providing he doesn't totally screw it up... which he probably will.

If it wasn't so serious it would be kinda fun to watch him try to fire senior members of the armed service live on Twitter during a full scale military conflict.

9. Rroff

Man of Honour

Aaah so its those Scots who are supplying Houthis with drones.

10. Rroff

Man of Honour

Looking at the photos of the damage and known facts - the level of precision and planning involved makes it unlikely this is just down to the Houthis even equipped with higher end drones... while nothing stopping someone taking a big loop to bring drones in on that trajectory it is much more likely drones or missiles came in off the Persian Gulf.

11. dowie

Caporegime

It is no where near equivalent. While cadet bone spurs is a **** he's not some full on religious zealot and he's also restricted in various ways by courts, congress etc..

12. dowie

Caporegime

Quite likely they came from Southern Iraq actually, they've got previous for that and various militia groups there are backed by Iran not to mention Iranian republican guard troops operate in the country.

13. Yas786

Caporegime

Chill your beans fella, again my post was in jest :rolleyes:

And you honestly think that he feels that he should be restricted by courts, congress etc?? Judging by his past tweets, I don’t think he feels he should be restricted.

14. Rroff

Man of Honour

I can only go on 3rd hand information but the damage profile looks more like the work of Delilahs or Brimstone - makes the US cruise missile efforts look amateur in comparison. If it actually is the work of Iran then their bluster about having US bases, etc. pre-sighted might be a lot more serious than I thought.

15. dowie

Caporegime

Eh? I think you're reading a bit too much into that post. Anyway it doesn't matter so much how he feels about being restricted - if he tries some executive order that doesn't wash then he needs to revise it regardless of his feelings.

Oh come off it - you don't really think this is a "false flag" please don't go all CT-nut Rroff, you're better than that.

16. Rroff

Man of Honour

I'm just saying if this was the work of Iran/Houthis there appears to be a surprising (and concerning) level of sophistication involved - this isn't just the work of some rebels who have driven some trucks with drones into SA or launched some drones adhoc from Iraq, etc.

These targets have been hit with precision from range - the damage profile and precision of the impact sites (assuming 3rd party info is correct) compared to the infrastructure is more in the league of top end hardware used by the likes of Israel and the UK, putting even the US's cruise missile efforts to shame, than you normally see from Iran/Houthis.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  17. sideways14a

Wise Guy

How do militant groups get a hold of quite a few sophisticated drones than can travel hundreds upon hundreds of miles and do considreable damage to a country that is supposed to have top notch western weapons and surveillance kit?

If its not Iran then i am a banana, please no one tell that 80yr old racist in Italy. :p

18. dowie

Caporegime

It seems unlikely it was much to do with the Houthis (aside from using their territory to pull it off - albeit they're rather far away!), though I think the idea this was Israel or the UK is ridiculous. It was most likely simply the work of Iran and quite possibly carried out from Southern Iraq with the help of a shiite militia group.

19. Rroff

Man of Honour

Not saying it was the UK or Israel - but that these strikes show a level of sophistication and precision closer to what those normally achieve and better than what the US usually manage compared to what people generally expect of Iran never mind the Houthis and if they can pull this off at a bigger scale then Iran's bluster might be a lot more serious than I've generally thought.

20. sideways14a

Wise Guy

Could be Iran saying look if you attack us we can and will flatten your oil production.
    However thats likely going to be harder going forward now they have shown what they can do, besides you can bet the yanks will go for any drone based installations right away if it comes down to a shoot out .. which it looks like it is.