1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yemeni crisis & Saudi shenanigans

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Sankari, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Rroff

Man of Honour

Not quite following how your thoughts relate to my post - whether they are prodding for a reaction or taking advantage of a perceived weakness is fairly academic in that it will result in them becoming emboldened.

2. Nasher

Capodecina

Isreal's critics don't seem to realise their situation. They are surrounded by hordes who will overwhelm and butcher them if they get the chance.

They respond brutally to attacks because that is how things work in that part of the world. They are up against 1000bc mentality with modern weapons, which we (and the US, Russia) foolishly sold them.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  3. StriderX

Capodecina

There is a decidedly grave difference between defending oneself and being addicted to keeping other countries down.

Regardless it simply wont matter, the whole region is running dry on water and it will explode within the next couple of decades at most. In attempting to provide for the region places like California are going equally as dry out of some vain attempt to profit off of it.

This isn't really about Israel anymore, they're just as much at risk as Iran for the turbulence incoming there, rife with potential for disease, bacteria, indiscriminate violence. Europe will close it's doors surely enough and won't be coming to defend it's "ally", which has done everything it could in the last few decades to destroy any semblance of peace, maybe it was never possible - but i'll be damned if there wasn't a better way than what transpired.

Can't wait for the sequel to the Arab Spring, i'm eternally grateful to live on island away from such pain.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  4. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

5. Rroff

Man of Honour

Some kind of change or event is coming I think - SA are on a PR blitz and it isn't just about promoting their new expansion in tourism - which might even be somewhat an excuse in itself.

6. StriderX

Capodecina

It's just more silky carpet to make MBS look like a saint, i felt abjectly embarrassed that London advertising space promoted him so much when he was around last year.

He needs a huge slap in the face frankly.

7. Rroff

Man of Honour

Something is coming but I dunno what - Iraq is on the verge of serious internal conflict with Iran a factor in that, stuff is getting messy again in Northern Syria and SA is going on a PR offensive it ain't just by chance.