Yesterdays Panoramic Shot (1024 pix wide image)

cmt

cmt

Suspended
381056580_9c53a7cd82_b.jpg

Taken on the same bike ride as my current competion entry.

made from 12 shots (Canon G7)

I also have a 36 shot HDR version of it that i am working on, should be nice when its finished.

cmt

cmt

Suspended
OP
Spuds said:
I think the top right hand corner might be burnt out

They are ok in the HDR version i am currently Processing.

should have gone right to left with the shots to avoid the burnt highlights, but hey, you live and learn!

Associate
Panoramas can be tricky to meter correctly, you have to take a reading from the brightest point and use that for every shot but that can leave other sections very underexposed. Looking forward to the HDR version

Associate
Spuds said:
Looking forward to the HDR version

I'm not, looks like the sky is over exposed and the land is exposed correctly - in which case HDR isn't going to bring you a lot (as it's designed primarily to give detail in the dark areas/shadows) What would improve that picture is a polariser...but we'll see ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Or edit it a little in photoshop to bring out what contrast there is

or perhaps go a bit further...

Last edited:
Permabanned
Sleepyd said:
I'm not, looks like the sky is over exposed and the land is exposed correctly - in which case HDR isn't going to bring you a lot (as it's designed primarily to give detail in the dark areas/shadows)

...eerrrr. No.

There is a reason the idea behind it is to have one correct exposure, one overexposed and one underexposed version.

The overexposed version brings out detail in the shadow and the underexposed one brings out detail in the highlights.

I don't know where you got the idea HDR only works on shadows?

Back
Top Bottom