1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yikes, if this bloke is right (peak FF)

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by cosmogenesis, Jan 2, 2008.

1. cosmogenesis

Mobster

it would be if one energy project was being singled out over another but all are being sidelined due to peoples inability to understand energy requirements. I agree with you but democracy needs enquiries, well until the lights go out that is.

2. Glaucus

Man of Honour

Exactly. Bu8t people simply dismiss this as they want to believe or like to scar monger. We have hit any snags in the past and guess what economics and inventions has always solved it. There's already a huge amount of viable options. It's just currently to costly compared to oil. But that will change.

3. RDM

Capodecina

I seem to remember that the world would end if the price of oil ever reached $100 a barrel. Seems we are still here...

4. Glaucus

Man of Honour

I've also seen text books which say we will deplete all oil reserves by the mid 90's

5. Alex_6n2

Mobster

Totally agree, although like someone else has already said, we really should have started building more nuclear power stations a long time ago.

I think there are motions under way to finally get the ball rolling though (Or so I've read)

6. cosmogenesis

Mobster

Its not about Nuclear being unsafe as much as it is about it being unecessary. I would prefer personally to see a massive program if efficiency gains and alternative power myself as I feel that nuclear is presently not needed. digging up Uranium is CO2 intensive and messy and decomissioning of nuclear plants is so expensive and Co2 intensive to as it building them. Fusion yes, fission, not at the moment as it takes 13 years to get them online.