You gotta be kidding me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A certain forum that was mentioned on this site yesterday has received a lot of spam over the last few days and has now posted a page long thread claiming anyone who spams there is breaking federal law and will be reported to the authorities.:D
could they really do anything if they tried? I thought that only counted phishing scams and the like....ha

Sic

Sic

Soldato
it doesn't count because you're not spamming in the sense that they think you are! you're just being a pain in the bum!

still, some of our signups got through

Soldato
OP
spam there and report back to us

it got a heavy does of spamming last night after 2 places had been linked to it, amazing how stuff spreads rounds the internet so quick :D but yeah, they are now getting high and mighty and threatening police action on anyone who spams which seems extremely far fetched for a bunch of upset teenagers

Caporegime
Nope nothing ever comes of it, the isp generally just says well look in to at the very most, as they don't give a **** really as your paying them, also it's hard to prosecute people in other countries, as it would cost too much for the crime.

Caporegime
Has this site been put on 4chan somthingawfull or dig yet? I would have thought the traffic alone would have screwed their servers let alone the spam?

Soldato
Ah yes, reminds me to go activate my account hehe...

I shall report my best posts back if I can.

edit - oooh they haven't accted me yet.

Soldato
be that as it may, if somebody barges in to your house, shoots every one they can, and you happen to find a gun, you're probably going to shoot him before he can shoot anyone else.

especially if he threatens that he's going to continue shooting.

Love this comparison, that's the first thing I'd think to compare spam on a forum to.
Internet. Serious business? :D

Edit: The obligatory
lock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom