You Have 39.6% Chance of Getting Cancer

Soldato
I mean... only if you smoke and fat , which is obviously preventable.

7/10 of lung cancers are smoking related (~5% overall) and this also affects other cancers, the next biggest one is bowel cancer, which is mostly because of age, but also unhealthy lifestyle (Eating ****, smoking **** and drinking ****), dunno how much is based on that though and what is totally natural.

Anyway, if you aren't yet an OAP, it's mostly not as scary but probably still too high.

You've just asked someone about their qualifications to speak on the subject and then in your next post you've posted 2 charts that aren't linked to anything and spouted your own theory. At least post some links.

I think @Orionaut is on to something about immunology and its connection for cancer treatments as we know the new wave of medications are all about increasing the bodies immune system to fight illnesses in the future, including cancer.

https://www.cancer.net/navigating-c...rapy-and-vaccines/understanding-immunotherapy

Man of Honour
There is no doubt the amount of cases of cancer is increasing. When I was younger it was very rare to hear of anyone having cancer. If you got it back then it was usually terminal, and you were very unlucky.

As I have pointed out in previous threads, this is basic stats. Cancer is mainly a disease of old age, no matter how many younger people you hear about. The older you live, the greater the chance of dying of it. Unless something else kills you first. In the days when you were young people died of other things, younger. A country with high rates of cancer is generally a country with a long-lived population.

Associate
Heard the old age thing before, however..
The one i have, hodgkin's Lymphoma goes for young folk then has a dip through the late 30s and 40s to poke its ugly head up again later in life for older folk.

Odd sodding thing, however i still managed to get my 20% (or 50% whatever) by getting it around 40 odd...

Man of Honour
without doing the maths behind it and working out my "odds"of getting cancer:

I've had prostate cancer, my father had prostate cancer, both granddads also had prostate cancer, my brother had throat cancer, my wife had melanoma (skin cancer), and I lost someone to leukaemia.....

guess my family's odd were pretty low.
Similar here. My grandfather died of Hodgkinson Lymphoma. My dad lung cancer. My mum has terminal cancer of the esophegus and I already had testicular cancer.

Back
Top Bottom