You have at least £800 to blow....

Associate
Some into premium bonds.
Some into a stocks & shares isa.
Some into a new current account offering 5% interest, the weekly MSE email this morning mentioned a couple of accounts paying this rate but the limit was up to £300 inbound payments/month.
Premium bonds actually worth it these days? I know interest is annoyingly low but I still think the 5ish% returns you get are going to be a better long term investment.

Soldato
Premium bonds actually worth it these days? I know interest is annoyingly low but I still think the 5ish% returns you get are going to be a better long term investment.

Its not worth it, regardless of how much money you have.

Though if for example you have money in a savings account paying less than 1.4%, then it would be worth it.

But then again having a savings account currently is entirely useless, except as a form of money management tool

Soldato
These peer to peer lending methods / opportunities any good.... By good I mean safe?

Been saving with Zopa since Jan/2009, used to be much higher % and you can set your own %, now you just click 4.6% and be done with it.

Currently have XXXX lent out At 7.0% Projected return of 4.8%

Nutmeg, not entirely sure, their stocks and shares LISA looks good... You can get cashback depending on the investment from nutmeg and moneyfarm from the MSE website

I can give ref links for zopa/moneyfarm if you cannot find those good cashback links from MSE, or cashback sites.

Back
Top Bottom