**** you music industry

Associate
Let me start by openly admitting that I am god-damned annoyed about this and am venting and ranting. There is nothing constructive in this post. I am simply letting my bile out to make myself feel better.

So I got married a few weeks ago, and my Dad had the trusty camcorder with him. Last night I went over and helped him splice it all together into (I think) a pretty good armature wedding video, which I then uploaded to YouTube. This morning, I get an email telling me that copyright claims have been made and the video has been blocked in certain countries, including the UK. The audio in question? The Coldplay track she walked down the aisle to and the Green day track we had for our first dance.

What’s really irritating is that because the audio quality was pretty poor, I dubbed over it with the original tracks. If I hadn't done that, the automatic detection wouldn't have caught it. So, I can either have a wedding video with ****** quality video, or a decent quality video hosted elsewhere.

Now, just to be clear, I get that they “own the copyright” and they “are entitled to protect their work” or whatever is the current go to answer for these ****ers. I also understand that it’s an automated system, I know it wasn't actually reviewed by a person. Nonetheless, they DMCA’d my god damn wedding video. Dick ****ing move.

If ever I’m out and about and see the head office of EMI and WMG burning to the ground, know what I’ll do? Know who I’ll call? Nothing and no one. I’ll walk the **** on with a smile on my face. Because I’m entitled.

tl;dr – My wedding video got DMCA’d on YouTube. EMI and WMG suck actual balls.

Soldato
Tough break, seems a douchy thing to do especially considering it was your big day!

But personally i wouldnt put something like that on YouTube anyway, make DVD's for family and friends.

Will only cost you £15 in DVD's and a day of your time!

Caporegime
Why is it on youtube anyway? Cant you just stick it on DVD's and give a copy to anyone who wants one?

which realistically probably isnt that many people

Soldato
Not trying to have a dig or anything, but why did you upload your wedding video to the internet anyway? Why would someone else unrelated to your family want to watch your wedding? Fair enough if you were sharing it for easy of access.

I don't understand people :/

Soldato
Why is it on youtube anyway? Cant you just stick it on DVD's and give a copy to anyone who wants one?

which realistically probably isnt that many people

This. Chill out and stick it on a DVD. I understand your rage but I frankly would not want to put my personal wedding video on YouTube of all places.

Caporegime
Isn't this exactly what youtube is for?

Some really silly replies in this thread.

Because family members can just download it off youtube and stick it on a DVD right...

maybe he should stick all the wedding photos in a slideshow and put them on youtube.

anyone who wants any of the photos can jus print the screen off and cut the photo out :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom