1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young Earth Creationism

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by daz, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Spyderpig

Gangster

Apparently, he had an open mind. God then entered it, slammed and locked the door and installed an alarm system (possibly a guard dog too). All to prevent him being led astray by our heathen lies.

(I'm paraphrasing a little, I admit)

2. Pete19s

Wise Guy

This is what annoys me, im slammed for being brainwashed and having a closed mind. What he cant comprehend is that im one to sit on the fence, im leaning towards evolution. The evidence is there to support the theory, my belief/religion isnt putting pressure on me to believe what I do. The world could well have been created 6000ish years ago in 6 days flat but bar the bible there is nothing to support this. There is only YEC dismissal, they are happy to debunk the idea but cant give any substance to support YEC. Sounds almost similar to John Mcain, constantly attacking Obama and his policies but never gave much of a reason to vote for himself.

3. Casdawer

Mobster

Anyone here believe in the Ancient Astronaut theory?

4. Spyderpig

Gangster

Yes, it is most frustrating.

Given the mountain of evidence in favour of an old Earth and evolution in some form or another, I have to admit it is unlikely I will be swayed to the 6k and 6 story but I am still open to plenty of possibilities. Maybe it is just a poor imagination on my part but I find it hard to understand how everything we know could be the result of chance (yes, I know it is not simple as simple as pure chance but there is still a hell of a lot that is essentially random). It would certainly be easier to believe in a God the Creator but I'm also too rational to just swallow any old gibberish, fed to me by men who have their own agendas.

5. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

Thats because everything did not happen by pure chance.

The thing is no matter how much proof i could give you about creation you will not believe. You say you do not swallow any old gibberish and yet you swallow the gibberish of evolution.

You need the creation proof placed before your eyes but swallow evolution hoax, lie and stinker.

Until you open you mind/heart and search out the proof yourself you will never believe creation. And even if you did you would still have to find out your need of Christ and make sure you genuinely find him as your Lord and Saviour now before you die or the Lord returns whichever is sooner.

The bible is actually more evidence of creation than any example i could give you proofing evolution is a lie, creation is the truth but if you are not persuaded by God's Word neither will you be persuaded by anything else.

I will give you the words of the Lord Jesus (God the Son) as a real example of those who will not be persuaded even if one rose from the dead:

Luke 16:28-31

"For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

6. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

See my answer to Spyderpig to understand why providing evidence for creation will not persuade you.

7. Spyderpig

Gangster

And yet still you offer sweet fa by way of proof. You still persist in saying that evolution and the age of the Earth are lies (the fact that you suggest malicious intent is frankly mind-boggling to me), yet offer no counter argument other than "my favourite book says so". You still presume to judge me closed minded, when this is simply not true.

You do not even make for a good advertisment for your religion, as you do not really say why I need this "salvation" (and I don't just mean the alleged consequences, I mean why I am a sinner by default, no matter what i do in life). As far as I am concerned, you simply fail.

I'm bored with you now.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  8. Pete19s

Wise Guy

Oh so I was correct, you are unable to give an answer that does not rely on the bible. Nice use of your open mind there :rolleyes: Try again, remove the infallible word of god and use YOUR OWN mind to explain why evolution is a lie. Stop relying on being told that Genesis is a literal account of what happened. Maybe you could enlighten me as my knowledge of the bible isnt A+ but is there any part of the bible that says Genesis should be taken literally? I sincerely doubt that when you accepted salvation the lord told you "yup, Genesis is a literal account of what happened." More being told it is the case by fellow man. I also doubt that you woke up one day and thought my word ive sinned I better accept christ into my life to save myself from hell. I wouldnt be supprised if you were coerced or given a helping hand towards finding christ by the use of fear and being told that your "sins" will lead you to an eternity in hell.
    People like yourself give Christianity a bad name and do nothing to help spread the good teachings it contains.

9. i-bert

Mobster

Theytalkcrapeth

Do you understand what the word evidence means?

You have avoided all my other questions but even a child could tell me the answer to this.

10. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

You/i will not be held responsible for being born a sinner sinning daily against God but we will be held responsible for staying as sinners without our sins forgiven and without receiving the only Saviour of sinners.

Until we realise that we need Christ and because of your/my own personal sins we deserve hell we will never be saved from it. One sin by Adam broke the fellowship he had with God and would have brought him down to hell if his sins had not been removed, yet we think that we dont deserve hell who have sinned against God with a high hand from our birth. It's pride/unbelief that would stop us from realising that.

11. i-bert

Mobster

So what did you do before you became a BAC. Child molester, drink driver, wife beater?

12. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

I have already given proof that evolution is a lie yet you are still not persuaded and never will be because you dont believe the best truth of all that could make you wise unto salvation.

13. Spyderpig

Gangster

You are not really doing anything to rekindle my interest if you just keep spouting the same, tired old dogma.

You do not know me. You do not know what crimes I may have commited or what good I may have done. You know nothing about me yet you judge me. And yes, it is you who is judging me. If your god is real he will get his chance later and I'll spit in the tyrant b*******'s eye. In the mean time, you are the one doing the judging. I wonder how your god feels about that.

14. Spyderpig

Gangster

You have given no proof.

15. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

I did none of those things but i still realised that i was a sinner on the way to hell and because of my sins i deserved to go there, and i also realised that i needed Christ to be saved from it.

Revelation 21:8

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

16. Pete19s

Wise Guy

You have not, you have given creationist bias which has been collectively rejected by YEC (bar yourself). You have given no actual evidence, it all relies on your belief that Genesis is literal. Now remove the bible, imagine it doesnt exist and tell me how evolution is a lie. Wheres your supporting evidence to show that numerous scientific observations are infact incorrect? If infact all rocks and fossils were laid down by the great flood why are fossils of dinosaurs found lower in the earth than that of elephants and man? They should all be at the same level. Where is the inherent problems that you get when you inbreed animals? You cant breed thousands of animals from one pair without health issues. Maybe Noah was lucky?

17. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

Romans 3:

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

18. Spyderpig

Gangster

Your point?

19. Spyderpig

Gangster

Lord of The Rings:

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

See, I can quote things that prove nothing from my favourite book too.

20. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

Read it carefully to see/understand what sort of person you are. It's God's word (the Lord Jesus Christ) that will judge you not me.