1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young Earth Creationism

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by daz, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

You cannot see the difference between the Lord's truth (the bible) and fiction though.

2. wannabedamned

Capodecina

Who says yours isnt fiction, It was a book written by men, years ago. Where is the proof it's fact based?

No doubt your response will be "OOOH IF YOU WERE BORN AGAIN YOU WOULD SEE, OH CHILD WHO NEEDS TO BE SAVED FROM HELLFIRE"

You're nuttier than a snickers bar

3. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

Like i said if you continue to think the bible/sufferings of Christ on the cross are only fairy tales you will never be saved or persuaded. When you have no fear of God before your eyes you will never feel your need or appreciate Christ.

It's only those who are humble enough to admit they are wrong and God is right that will be saved even though all could be saved if they wanted it.

4. titchard

Soldato

His question was how can you differentiate the bible from a fictional work, such as Lord of the Rings - when it comes down to it we have no real facts to say that the bible was written by an omniscient being, only that it is a collection of works passed down over two millenia or so, written by man.

Rich

5. wannabedamned

Capodecina

Ah, Now you see, I do believe Jesus was crucified. But he wasnt christ, he didnt heal the blind, He didnt feed the 5000, he didnt cure leprosy, He didn't walk on water, he didnt raise from the dead, He didn't turn water to wine, He didnt restore a servant ear and he definatly didnt bring lazarus back from the dead.

You see, I went to church, I was baptised, I was confirmed, I took holy communion. I served as an altar boy\acolyte.

My beliefs are that evolution is correct, I believe that the bible is full of stories, alot of which shouldnt be taken literal.

I also WANT to believe in something more than science, I want to believe in the mystical, And I want to believe there's an afterlife.

Now are you telling me, that because I don't take the bible to heart, a bible written by men, That i'm to be punished? Even though I'm willing to believe there could be more than just science out there? If only I saw a real sign

Are you telling me your BLIND faith in the bible allows you access into heaven.

But my questioning will send me to hell?

6. Spyderpig

Gangster

God is not in this debate. That means it is you judging me, not him.

As for works of fiction, I think it is about time you realised you are not speaking to people who already take it for granted your version of the bible is literal truth. You are talking to people asking for evidence that it is not just a work of fiction (or those who accept it is true but not with your literal interpretation). Quoting from it will not provide that proof.

7. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

AND, this is the best bit, The Bible was originally wrote in HEBREW and some parts in ARAMAIC. There were even some parts that were wrote in GREEK.
    Now all these different languages got translated into one or the other by NORMAL MEN.
    Now here is my 64 dollar question -
    Who translated The Bible into English?
    Answer - AN ENGLISHMAN

Was it God?
    No

So basically religious nuts are basing their religion on normal MEN who translated The Bible and obviously got a lot of it wrong.
    It is my opinion that in Genesis the proper translation of 'On the first day' would actually be 'During the first period of time'.

8. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

You see if it was enough to believe that God might exist then satan, devils would be going to heaven also instead of being eternally punished.

Going to church, chapel, baptism etc, living a so-called good life even though God's Word says there is none righteous no not one will not save us. If these things could save us there would have been no need for Christ to have suffered in body/soul for your/my sins on the cross.

Until you really appreciate from your heart/soul and realise the sufferings of Christ were for you, you will not be saved.

If you dont realise your guilty, lost and hell deserving first like i did you will never want to be saved either.

If you dont believe he is God like all of the scriptures i quoted before showed he was and pick and choose which part of the scriptures to half heartily believe that will not work, the people that rejected him and perished in their sins and are in an unquenchable fire now also believed he was a mere man.

Questioning will not send a person down to hell, it's to continue to question/doubt/not whole heartly believe God's Word/receive Christ until it's too late that will stop their sins from being forgiven, their sins that will eventually take them down to hell. The bible says to be save now, tomorrow could be forever too late.

9. titchard

Soldato

Indeed - and as no two languages have exact-matching words for each other on every occasion, lots of words are translated across to the closest equivilent in the language its being translated into. Repeat this over several dozen languages over two thousands years, you are not going to have anything close to what it originally said.

Rich

10. Spyderpig

Gangster

Theyhungereth,

you really do not present much of a sales pitch for your bible and your interpretation of it.

From where I'm sat, it can be summarised as follows:

"This is my bible. It is the word of God and it's truth is self evident. Accept it or go to hell. If it is not self evident to you, you are going to burn in hell anyway because I'm not going to explain it to you."

Did I miss anything?

That sounds like a great way to get the kiddies hooked. "Now son, this book is your only route to salvation but, if you can't figure out why for yourself, you are so screwed".

11. Stag

PermaBanned

The KJV was translated from a Greek translation as well, not even from the original. A translation of a translation is never 100% accurate.

Saying that, theyhungereth thinks that God delivered the definitive version in the form of the KJV. What can we logically deduce from this since the KJV is very different to the original: basically you are saying that he got it wrong the first time; because they are VERY different.

So everyone who followed the Bible before 1611 got the wrong guidebook and sadly are currently burning in Hell for all eternity. How very sad. :(

Also Christians who don't speak/read English and obviously don't read the KJV are condemned to Hell because they are still following the wrong version.

Has anyone tried to translate the translated translation back into Hebrew to help the poor Christians in the Holy Land?

12. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

So what you are saying that is not possible for God to use men to translate his Word into english when he used men to write down his Word in hebrew/Chaldee for the old testament and men to write down his word in greek for the new testament.

The Lord has said that his Word will not fail and he will preserve it forever and yet even if you had the original texts and could understand the hebrew-chaldee/greek languages you still would not believe because it was wrote down by men.

Being wrote down by men makes no difference to the Word of God whether the original or English one as it is still God's word all scripture given by him and wrote down by the men he used.

To think that the Lord cannot preserve his Word forever is greatly underestimating his power to do so.

It really all boils down to whether you whole heartily believe Christ and his Words or not and the many times he proved he was/is God, the fact that it is not in the original language is just an excuse that will not be a good enough one when a person has to face God in their sins.

13. Spyderpig

Gangster

So, if the lord can perfectly preserve his word, even through the pens/typwriters/wordprocessors of imperfect men, why all the different versions? Why do the different language versions have different meanings?

14. Edinho

Mobster

My Christ and my God are two people who dont judge anybody. Im on this earth to make the best of it I can, and positive that if im in heaven or hell I have tried my best to try understand the world we live in and not according to one dodgy source - The Bible.

15. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

That is not what i believe as other faithful men preached the gospel of Christ so that people could believe and be saved up to when the written Word of God was put into English for us to read, by men the Lord used to preserve his Word completely, just like he used other men to write down the original texts.

We are taking about the same Lord who created all things and could make men speak in other peoples languages so he was definately able to use other men to translate his word completely with it's teachings being error free into English.

Theres a big difference between the Lord using men to write down his Word and satan using men to make up evolution falsehood's.

Evoluton speaks against all that is belonging to God but is very sneaky with only those who believe and understand the scriptures realising the false teaching/lies it brings.

16. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

The only dodgy source is in your understanding of what you think is right and the dating methods, hoax's of evolution.

17. Pete19s

Wise Guy

Unless my eyes decieved me (wouldnt be the first time :D) he did not even mention evolution or dating methods. Might aswell drop the "evolution is evil" song and dance. About time you realised evolution doesnt doubt or question the age of the earth or how we were created.

18. Stag

PermaBanned

So the day the Bible was translated, the people who could still read the older version which does have differences were now reading the wrong version?

Men are not infallible, even when guided by God there is always sin.

I'm talking about translation inaccuracies, nothing to do with Evolution.

Why bring Evolution into this, I am talking about the KJV not being an accurate translation that GOD passed to Moses. Are you saying Moses got it wrong?

Read this and see where the KJV differs from the ORIGINAL AND INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD.

The original bible had margin notes, well the KJV in 1611 didn't contain any margin notes and were only added much later. How could they have been inspired by God if they omitted key margin notes?

19. Pete19s

Wise Guy

Just noticed this gem. Why should I fear God, let alone have to fear him to fully appreciate Christ? The God ive always been taught of loves all his children, it is his love and compassion for each of us that enables us the chance of salvation.

20. Theyhungereth

PermaBanned

The Word of God is still perfectly preserved in english even with other versions having been printed, the other versions do not stop his Word from being preserved completely doctrinely free from error.