Your credit score

Capodecina
Soldato
Well, not yours but... OK probably yours actually. Last year mine was 'poor' but since I cleared my debts it's gone up to 'fair'.

My score is 759/1000. Anyone know what these numbers actually mean or refer to? How long till my rating will go up to 'good'?

Soldato
Voo said:
Wouldn't mind knowing what mine is but don't want to have to pay to find out this information.

What he said, saying that I've never had a problem applying for any kind of finance or defaulted on any paytment and I'm a homeowner so I would imagine I'm sorted ;)

Don
No idea of my score but managed to get an unsecured personal loan of £24,500 at 5.8% APR last year so would think it is ok :)

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
HEADRAT said:
What he said, saying that I've never had a problem applying for any kind of finance or defaulted on any paytment and I'm a homeowner so I would imagine I'm sorted ;)

As far as I'm aware, you have to pay. I paid £5.99 for the privelege but I'm glad I know. Since Experian handle a lot of the credit in this country I went to their website.

If you've never defaulted on a payment your credit rating should be pretty much perfect.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
You have to subscribe to Experian which costs another £5.99. So the whole thing costs about £12. However, you can cancel your subscription within 30 days.

If you want to take the plunge, go for it, I'd recommend it. Not only do you get your credit score but a load of information about exactly what this country has on its records about you. You'll probably be shocked at the amount of info there is sitting round about you which every company looks at when they decide whether to open an account in your name or not.

Voo

Voo

Associate
Just got my credit score of 757/1000

Thought it might be higher, although i have made some recent credit card applications which apparently reduces your score, they are kept on record for 12 months.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Burned_Alive said:
Ironic isnt it :p

I read that Maestro doesn't always check funds before processing a transaction, so it's possible to be very overdrawn on it. If that's true it's not surprising that Experian doesn't take Maestro.

I'd love it if someone could explain the difference between Mastercard and Maestro since Wikipedia wasn't much help.

Back
Top Bottom