Your current Fish tank Setups!

Caporegime
Hmm not seen yo-yo loaches, would kuhli loaches do similar?

I think I have read somewhere that kuhli's 'can' eat snails, but they aren't necessarily a good solution for that problem. As mentioned, assassin snails is a better option.

Last edited:
Associate
I have been out of fishkeeping for a few years, i started with cold water then tropical, moved on to cichlids before finally finishing with marines. Had various sizes of tank over the years too. I only stopped after a poor experience when I went on a 2 week holiday and left my marine tank in the hands of a family member to look after, unfortunately they didn't do a very good job and all bar one fish died. This was a tank that I had for over 3 years :( I was totally disheartened and gave up the hobby. No longer have the time for a marine tank unfortunately or I would be tempted back.

Caporegime
I have been out of fishkeeping for a few years, i started with cold water then tropical, moved on to cichlids before finally finishing with marines. Had various sizes of tank over the years too. I only stopped after a poor experience when I went on a 2 week holiday and left my marine tank in the hands of a family member to look after, unfortunately they didn't do a very good job and all bar one fish died. This was a tank that I had for over 3 years :( I was totally disheartened and gave up the hobby. No longer have the time for a marine tank unfortunately or I would be tempted back.

I seem to recall reading your sad tale on here quite some time ago, and can totally understand why you jacked it in. Having said that, maybe you could go back to something like tropical?

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Botia loaches demolish snail infestations.
Used them myself before, failing that get a snail away treatment if you don't mind chemicals.
They will be falling from the glass in seconds. Just remember to clean up the carcasses as they will kill your water quality.

Man of Honour
Some of my latest additions:

_DSC0050_zpscaq3oekv.jpg

_DSC0051_zps6guaqgte.jpg

_DSC0076_zpseqvduyrj.jpg

_DSC0049_zpsn7yvuelr.jpg

_DSC0095_zps2b3axc4y.jpg

Soldato
I Bought 10 Endler guppies (live bearers) two days ago and put them in a 64 litre tank with 7 Glowlight Tetras but the Endlers seem to be being very aggressive towards the Tetras, chasing them in groups and nipping at them, I was told they should be ok with Tetras. :(, not sure what to do.

Odd of endlers to do this but it could be down to not enough cover in tank. Are you planted or have something to keep the tetra busy? even a big bit of rock to sit in middle of tank so they don't see each other all day can curb a lot of agression

Odd of endlers to do this but it could be down to not enough cover in tank. Are you planted or have something to keep the tetra busy? even a big bit of rock to sit in middle of tank so they don't see each other all day can curb a lot of agression

I have a few decorations and fake plants etc, heres a vid, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ0KkhschGU, excuse the corny music, it's better than listening to my GF in the background moan that she's spent £30 on fish and it's my fault they aren't getting along because I should be some kind of ****ing fish whisperer :rolleyes:, they are all male endlers, I was thinking maybe the endlers we're mistaking the tetras for female, maybe you can tell by the video.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What lights you using w3bbo?

Just looking at getting an ai vega fc tile. but looking to see what others are using

Currently running an Evergrow Pro Reef II Wifi but looking to go for a Pacific Sun Hybrid unit when I can pluck up the courage to spend 1k+ on lighting lol. If you want LEDs only then I'd go for the Radion XR30 Pro. The Evergrow is decent enough but there are better lights.

Very nice w3bbo, is this just your Local fish shop or online, i find i have to buy lots online as where i live is rather poor for selection of shops.

I'm very lucky where I live mate, Pretty much in the middle of four very good LFS. Abyss, Cockfields, Marine23 and Oasis - all within 30 mins drive.

Back
Top Bottom