Your Favourite cases of all time Ranked

Permabanned
Silverstone RV02-BW I miss this case sooo damn much.
Wish the fans blades never broke and that I still had room for it, the ultimate case for great temperatures.

It was able to keep 2 920mhz GTX 480's under 76c in SLi.

2500k i5 at 5ghz.
MSi P67A-GD70 (Ram slot went bad on this board).
2 Point of View reference GTX 480's under GELID Icy Vision REV 2.0's.
Corsair H100 with Phobya G.silent 120mm fans.
3 Silverstone Air Penetrator 180mm fans.
Silverstone Strider 1000 Watt 80 Plus Silver (Still runs really strong and pushes a loud home audio setup now (car amps etc). 11 years old.

Silverstone peaked with the FT02 and RV02 cases and barely anything touches them at all.

iu

Last edited:
Soldato
Silverstone peaked with the FT02 and RV02 cases and barely anything touches them at all.

I own 5 (yes five) FT02's and one RV02. The reason I own so many is I have a home server room, I'm also a software dev and use them for workstation cases. When the components inside become out of date, i just reuse the cases. So far the only things to have failed is the air-penetrator fans.

And yes they have the best airflow ever. Here is a workstation / software dev machine I built last month, it's the second use for this case.

AM-JKLUnJhanz78_-dJiUuNwgTtjgEFqUE4V-qZqWXa-940E1WtZAJHhO6g3ph6Iq6G8I3BH61I0F4Qb2B2tCHeL12KDcPtNgLlBPB99f7uL7fBqyVmHzvIv35Rqr8ysy5AX2f8QYtal1NRzlr2imULJ9AhL=w1018-h763-no

Permabanned
I own 5 (yes five) FT02's and one RV02. The reason I own so many is I have a home server room, I'm also a software dev and use them for workstation cases. When the components inside become out of date, i just reuse the cases. So far the only things to have failed is the air-penetrator fans.

And yes they have the best airflow ever. Here is a workstation / software dev machine I built last month, it's the second use for this case.

AM-JKLUnJhanz78_-dJiUuNwgTtjgEFqUE4V-qZqWXa-940E1WtZAJHhO6g3ph6Iq6G8I3BH61I0F4Qb2B2tCHeL12KDcPtNgLlBPB99f7uL7fBqyVmHzvIv35Rqr8ysy5AX2f8QYtal1NRzlr2imULJ9AhL=w1018-h763-no
Yours looks to be in lovely shape too.
Thanks for keeping them around. Great cases.

Soldato
Yours looks to be in lovely shape too.
Thanks for keeping them around. Great cases.

Yes thanks. The only thing I can fault the cases on is cable management is a little tight behind the side panel, also not so great for modern water cooling, but all my machines are on air anyway.

One great thing, is the bottom fans can run at only say 200rpm, so silent, yet the design of the case there is still good cooling, I like the fact that air is traveling up and all components are getting cooled. It's strange that this design never really took off.

I'm planning on keep running mine as long as possible.

Associate
For Me Antec Rack Mount 4RU cases. Full and thick metal with folded edges in black.
- 6 x 5.25" drive bays in two sets of 3, each set can take 5x hotswap 3.5" bays.
- 3 x 3.5" drive bays.
- DVD ROM bay
- Plenty of airflow

Probably not everyone's cup of tea but they are rugged and copped a lot of abuse over the last 12 yeas, and survived without a scratch.

Soldato
Lian li PC65. I adored that case and still regret binning it to this day. Looked so nice in silver and was so well built. The pullout motherboard tray was such a good feature too.

I still have a PC60 somewhere in my attic. I drilled out the front to take two 80mm fans. Here it is with some early days water

Phanteks P600S Gunmetal

Best case I have ever worked on.

I have two P600S and a P500A which is the same chassis but different top and front. As a chassis I can't fault it for watercooling.

Soldato
Few favourites from over the years.

Lian Li V2000. This ones mine from a few years ago.
SXbOZSNl.jpg
Silverstone TJ07
1toOtAj.jpg
Silverstone FT02
1nrT5iB.jpg

Thinking of getting a Fractal Design Torrent so I can retire the old girl (V2000) and keep my 420 radiator.

Soldato
I will echo all the good comments about the Silverstone FT series cases. I only switched away from my FT05 because my 2080 Ti didn't like being in it long-term. You really need a GPU with a blower fan. For a long time I had the FT05 on its side but this year I switched to a Fractal Torrent (hey, another FT case...).

I've had many cases over the years and cannot remember the names of most of them, but I will give a shout-out to Kolink Citadel Mesh which is an absolute cracker of a mATX case.

Back
Top Bottom