Your favourite chinese food?

Associate
I eat Chinese food every day, I love it :D

Tried almost everything from my local noodle bar before it closed down, have to say my favourites are garlic and black pepper sauce, or garlic and black bean sauce, although I'm a huge fan of Szechwan food as well so Kung Pao or "Szechwan" sauce is good too.

Soldato
Sweet and sour chicken, beef in black bean sauce, shredded chilli beef, crispy aromatic duck with plum sauce, mushroom chow mein and egg fried rice. Spring rolls and prawn crackers too. And a portion of chips too if i'm feeling it.
Thats what i usually order.

It's a lot for one but it's breakfast for the next day too, seriously, there is not better breakfast. Cold chinese and black coffee.

Soldato
Shredded chilli beef owns all other menu choices!
However, there seems to be an increasing trend for places to make their chilli dishes EXTREMELY sweet now. Every chinese that makes sweet tasting shredded chilli beef, please shut down immediately.

Associate
I agree, best method for finding a good place is see the Chinese:everyone else ratio, if theres roughly equal or more Chinese people eating there, its probably quality food.

I guess this is one of the upsides of Leicester, we have a restaurant for almost every type of food imaginable.

Last edited:
Associate
Favourite from my local Chinese is;

Ribs in chilli and salt
egg fried rice and noodles with beef and peppers in black bean sauce
and of course chips (they do those nice big chunky ones)

:)

I feel starving now.... usually get a take away on a Sunday night, but unfortunately I don't get paid until Tuesday and they don't take cheque any more :(

Soldato
I always love:

Fu Yong Hai (with pork or chicken) with Nasi.
Gao Gado with Nasi.
Chicken malaga with Nasi

Also enjoy:
Tjap Tjoj
Babi Pangang

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom