Your favourite chinese food?

Associate
chinese food in china is even more greasy than chinese food in the UK :o from what ive seen anyway

Depends where you are and what you're eating, there's all sorts of different styles of cuisine around the country. There's certainly a lot of dishes which do have 4 litres of oil and a kilo of MSG as a starting point, but that's far from the whole story. I was living right on the coast, and had a lot of excellent barbecued seafood, meat cooked on skillets, hot pots and plenty of steamed and boiled things. They tend not to be big on baking, as the vast majority of places don't even have an oven, but there's still so much good stuff to try - best street food I've had anywhere, for a start. The region I was in tended to go with huge portions of filling food, but the rich sauces could get a bit much.

Anyway, my regular dishes were

* gan bian yun dou (干煸芸豆) - spicy fried green beans, very salty
* di san xian (or tian, occasionally - 地三鲜) - green peppers, potatoes and eggplant in a rich sauce, staple of every lunchtime
* la zi ji ding (辣子鸡丁) - spicy chicken pieces, nice change from gong bao ji ding.
* yu xiang rou si (鱼香肉丝) - fish flavoured shredded pork. Sounds weird, and is, but became another staple.

With rice. Of course.

Back in the UK I tend to avoid Chinese food as much as possible now, I've had enough to last me a long time :p But, regulars used to be lemon chicken and chicken chao mian.

Soldato
Hong Kong / Cantonese style sweet and sour chicken or Lemon Chicken.

Why anyone would go for Sweet n Sour chicken balls I don't know, greasy things.

Back
Top Bottom