Your football pet hates

Soldato
I'm sure this'll be closed because Baz's new sig sucks, but it's fun to hate things, right?

What about football truly triggers you?

Keepers rushing to the edge of the box immediately after collecting the ball, then waiting for the opposition team to get back into shape, drives me insane. Release the ******* ball.

Man of Honour
Players that don't pass - that are otherwise pretty decent players and if they passed would be great players but match after match don't and many of the opposition teams know it and run that player down. Though I guess at some point the responsibility there falls onto the manager.

Most of my pet hates are the actions of some spectators and the occasional dodgy referring.

Soldato
Corners not making it past the first man - this shouldn't be difficult for someone on tens of thousands a week to kick a ball
The play acting - if people are really 'that' hurt then go off for treatment
Players swarming the ref - the game needs to address the level of respect from players to the referees, i think captains only unless you're called over, anyone else running over to the ref shouting their mouth off, yellow card, it'd soon stop

Soldato
Throwing the ball forwards for throw-ins. It rarely works out well and they end up passing it back anyway.

VAR in it’s current state.

Agree on players swarming the ref. What’s he going to do? Change his mind because you shouted at him?

Players putting their hands up for anything and everything. Let the officials do their jobs. Much like swarming the ref, it’s not going to influence them because you put your fricking hand up.

Ederson’s tattoos.

Sterling running as though he has a handbag on his arm with his bum sticking out.

Players acting as though their leg has fallen off when tripping on a blade of grass and Herrera in general whenever a player touches him.

Hargreaves sounding like he’s taking a dump when he’s commentating.

Soldato
Passes that are played behind a player that's running into space. Breaks the flow off the attack. Or players that pass the ball and then run towards the pass bring their marker with them

Associate
Big Sam being our manager.

Throw ins that get taken 50 yards away from where it went out.

Time wasting, running to corner, subs with 10 seconds to go.

Big sam as our manager.

Champions league having 4 spots open. Should be champs only (clues In the name)

Man of Honour
Agree on players swarming the ref. What’s he going to do? Change his mind because you shouted at him?

Related to that I don't like the adjudication, etc. appealing something unless its a very popular player usually = double down on the penalty even when its clearly an injustice, etc. probably quite a few reasons I'm missing etc. as I only follow the game fairly casually - had one instance with my local town's team - bit fuzzy now on the exact details but the opponent obstructed one of our players in a very unsportsmanlike fashion with the ref the next closest person on the pitch and looking that way but somehow didn't see it - I can see how the ref might not have noticed the whole incident but no idea how he couldn't see there was at least some degree of obstruction - his response was at first to ignore it then simply shrug - our players had stupidly all stopped playing and put their hands up in protest while the other team played on and IIRC scored the winning goal off it. At the end of the match there was a bit of remonstration with the ref where he acted very poorly which resulted in it escalating to our player pushing him around a bit IIRC with obvious repercussion. On appeal they simply lengthened the match ban while the very poor referring and the very poor behaviour of the other team player went completely undealt with which for me reflected very poorly on the sport and a good part of why I've not bothered going to many matches since.

Man of Honour
Diving and pulling of shirts.

Yup:

MTQMZ85.png

Really should not be going unpunished even if it isn't caught during the match itself.

I was a keen player back in the day and would like to take a more active interest in the sport though not as into football as some - but stuff like this and the pathetic way the football association deals with things like this within the sport puts me right off.

Man of Honour
Football.

Funny thing is I both see where you are coming from but also do enjoy the game.

Some of my recent posts probably appear as if I'm more wrapped up in it than I actually am - it is more touching on pet hates of mine I carry in sports in general and/or even life in general.

Back
Top Bottom