Your iCloud storage price has been reduced

Soldato
Anyone else received this rather baffling email from Apple?

Apple said:
Dear Irish_Tom,

We recently introduced new, more affordable iCloud storage plans and your 200GB plan’s monthly price will be reduced from £2.49 per month to £2.49 per month. Your storage plan will automatically renew at £2.49 on your current renewal date and your credit card on file will be charged each month until you change or cancel your plan.

The iCloud Team

Note: You may cancel or change your plan from your device at any time. Learn more >

I thought it was spam/hoax at first but the link checks out.

Thanks for the incredible 0% discount Apple!

Soldato
I think the prices have stayed the same but they have increased the storage? i.e my 20GB has gone to 50GB and your 200GB was something less before?

Confusing and ill thought out email none the less.

Soldato
Yeah my 20GB has gone up to 50GB for free:

Dear Somnambulist,

We recently updated our iCloud storage plans and have increased your storage from 20GB to 50GB - at no additional cost. We increased iCloud storage so you can get even more out of services like iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Drive.

Your storage plan will automatically renew at 50GB on your current renewal date and your credit card on file will be charged £0.79 each month until you change or cancel your plan.

The iCloud Team

Note: You may cancel or change your plan from your device at any time

No confusing message about price though!

Soldato
OP
Ah that makes more sense. If they'd said 50p discount or more storage for the same price it would have been fine.

Confusing email is confusing…

Back
Top Bottom