Your motoring irritations

Soldato
I hate it when people stand on their brakes at night for prolonged periods instead of using their handbrake. My biggest problem is with newer Audis and Minis fitted with LED rear clusters which I find to be far far too bright.

What are your pet hates?

Soldato
Auto leveling headlights, or whatever they are called. Makes people behind look like they are flashing at you (well, to me it does)

People who can't indicate and navigate a roundabout at the same time

I have many many more

Soldato
The idiot I encountered today. There was a fair bit of rain last night, and a few puddles on the roads on my work route this morning. I was stuck behind a Toyota Landcruiser Amazon who literally slowed to 10MPH to go through a puddle that didn't even span half the width of the road, let alone go deeper than halfway up the walls of my tyres. Serious :confused: from me. YOU'RE DRIVING A TANK, NOT AN F1 CAR!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Traffic Lights on roundabouts.
Sidelights in the dark.
Range Rover Xenons on unlit motorways.
Dippy idiots who can't use the handbrake and stand on the brakes at traffic lights.
Drivers who look at you then pull out into your path anyway. I know you saw me!
Bus drivers who just pull out anyway even when there isn't a gap.

That'll do for the moment.

Tea Drinker
Don
What's wrong with using the brake at traffic lights ? My IAM instructor told me to stop using my handbrake at short lights and only use it for extended stops, I'm assuming it's in the road craft manual if he said it.

Anyway my hill start doesn't work from the handbrake only

Soldato
What's wrong with using the brake at traffic lights ? My IAM instructor told me to stop using my handbrake at short lights and only use it for extended stops, I'm assuming it's in the road craft manual if he said it.

Modern brake lights are far brighter and dazzle the driver behind.

I really don't care about your hill start assist either. Learn to drive properly.

Soldato
OP

I hate it when people stand on their brakes at night for prolonged periods instead of using their handbrake. My biggest problem is with newer Audis and Minis fitted with LED rear clusters which I find to be far far too bright.

What are your pet hates?
;)

Caporegime
People who do not indicate before leaving the roundabout
Or even worse those that do but carry on

Edit.. Speed cameras :p (on motorways and other unnecessary places)

These are minor
Highbeams when coming towards you
The lights that blind you from behind (so thankful to the adjustable rear view inventor)
People who overtake then slow down
Constant 40ers or 50ers
Traffic lights on roundabouts
Poorly timed traffic lights
Larger vehicles that pull out without looking
People who don't pull over when there is space when you want to merge
People who can't merge properly
People who slow down waaay to much before corners
People who drive at 10mph in a few spits of rain
Kids in cars that look at you in traffic jams lol

This amuses me
***** cars that are done up with 'cosmetic' mods (especially noise related) that can be overtaken easily

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom