Your next mobile phone - what are you planning to buy and why?

Soldato
My Find X2 Pro is currently doing pretty well, and unfortunately the Find X5 Pro is a step backwards (no 5x Optical, which I use), so waiting to see what Sept/October brings in way of mid-tier upgrades etc, otherwise might wait until 2023.

Associate
P20 Pro for what must be nearly maybe 4 years...? Damn thing is still going strong battery is in decent shape.
Past 2 years ive treated it like a total mess and it gets a clean at the end of the day and just keeps going.....

Ive started looking at new phones I might go for a Xiaomi 12T pro or something Chinese when it comes down to a decent 6000kr (500 quid) price.
It'll probably be cheaper to buy something in the UK next time i visit.... 25% electronics tax here is a joke sometimes.
Was also thinking of just being a muppet and getting a Samsung s22/21, you just know what you are getting....
I keep looking at a Pixel6pro or top end one but i see so many bad things said about it....
p20 pro here also, bought in october 2018, still an absolute solid phone, camera's great, battery lasts all day unless you play games on it. tbh i'd say this has been the best phone ive had.
I am going to look to upgrade late this year/early next year, who knows what i'll get but I will look to keep in to Android and abandon Huawei even though it hurts. Had a P9 before and that was solid too.

Man of Honour
I'm keeping my pixel 6 pro for a good couple of years. As I do all my phones I don't see the point in upgrading every year.

As and when I do upgrade (late 2023 probably) it may well be a foldable, but it'll be an android for sure as I don't like apple products I'm afraid. Nothing wrong with apple I just don't like it, and am comfortable in the Google ecosystem, don't need another ecosystem to learn!

There hasn't been real innovation for a while in my opinion so will just wait and see.

Associate
On the S22 currently, went for a more compact phone from the S21 Ultra but I am struggling with the battery life, pretty sure I'll make the jump to iPhone when I can't stand the battery life any more.

Soldato
I'm coming up for 2 years ownership of a Realme 6. I think the security updates have now stopped, which I think is par for the course for the age of the phone, not that i'm bothered. I may buy another Realme or go back to Nokia as the Nokia 8 I had was a nice phone. I may give Motorola a go.
All I want out of a phone is a headphone jack, a Micro SD card slot and for it to be reliable.

Soldato
I'm coming up for 2 years ownership of a Realme 6. I think the security updates have now stopped, which I think is par for the course for the age of the phone, not that i'm bothered. I may buy another Realme or go back to Nokia as the Nokia 8 I had was a nice phone. I may give Motorola a go.
All I want out of a phone is a headphone jack, a Micro SD card slot and for it to be reliable.
Maybe look at sony phones? My xz1 compact is still going strong as backup

Soldato
/\/\ I've had 3 Sony phones & still have 2 of them. Xperia Arc that's 11 years old & I keep it as an emergency phone, the other is an Xperia SP which I use as my work phone. The 3rd one was a Z3 which I had as my daily driver for just under 3 years. The top half of the phone lost the touch screen so It had to go and I replaced it with the Nokia 8 which I mentioned. Dad has the Nokia now & I bought the realme to replace it. What put me off Sonys now is the failure of the Z3 & the fact they are slow with updates, even though I had 3 versions of Android on said phone.

Soldato
OP
Pixel 7 is up next but the fingerprint reader on the 6 is awful and it's anyone's guess what Google will choose to F up this time round.

I'm definitely not doing another pre-order with them. Fool me once etc.

Soldato
If the next iPhone has usb C then it'll be that, otherwise probably a used iPhone 13 or 13 Pro. Moving from Pixel 5 and the one bugbear for me is USB C. My MacBook Pro and iPad both have it so why doesn't the bloody iPhone?!

Associate
I'm either going Pixel 6a or S22.
I want a smaller phone and I want away from MIUI. I can't uninstall an app without it removing non Xiaomi widgets which then requires 3 or 4 restarts to get them back and manual replacement of the wiggets. The camera is rubbish too, my old LG G7 was far better and it's probably only due to OIS not present on the F3.
I can tolerate the bloat with thanks to home screen folders so I don't see any of the bloat but that MIUI is unacceptable for me.

Back
Top Bottom