Your opinion on a folio or a slip case for iPad 2?

Soldato
Hi,

I've had my iPad2 for a good few weeks now but still can't make my mind up as to whether I should be getting a folio case or a slip cover (or hardcover)

I currently have my eye on a zipped hard cover, simply because 1) it'll protect the ipad from hard knocks, and 2) the iPad remains small and doesn't have the bulk of a case around it.

However I also have my eye on a folio case but it's not released until the 30th, reviews say it's heavy and there's a pretty niche market for the 'stand' function of the folio case.

Can anyone recommend me a case please through your experiences of either a folio or slip/zip case.

I did make a thread about it a while back but not much came from it apart from a nice hardcover zip case which I'm not certain about as I think there may be better folio cases out there?

I'm currently looking at the Scosche foldIO P2 Folio Case for iPad 2 - Black Leather and the Cool Bananas BulletProof Hardcover iPad 2/ iPad Case - Black

Soldato
If you want to protect the case in transit then the hard cover looks the best option. However, unzipping it and getting those velcro straps out of the way every time I wanted to use it would annoy me.

The Folio case, while not being as protective as the hard cover, looks more accessible and will still keep scratches off it. So on balance that might be the best.

I've used a few different cases and, for me, the iPad is about instant access so any case that gets in the way of that I've tended not to like even though they might offer more protection.

Back
Top Bottom