Your phone was factory reset. Enter your PIN to unlock it

Soldato
Hi all.

I'm trying to fix a Samsung tablet for a friend. She bought the tablet a while ago, it was all setup, then never used. Now when she's come to use it her son-in-law has factory reset the device and it is displaying the above message.

We can't get any PIN to work. When we tap 'use my google account instead' and login with what she says is her google account it just says this is not the account associated with the device.

I have no idea what else to try to rescue this tablet as I don't do android.

Anyone got any ideas or is it good for the bin now?

Many thanks.

M.

Man of Honour
Nope the only way is with the correct account information that it was last setup with.
Went through this with my step daughters phone a few weeks back luckily we figured out it had been setup against a different account to the one with thought or else it would have been bin time.

Soldato
OP
Nope the only way is with the correct account information that it was last setup with.
Went through this with my step daughters phone a few weeks back luckily we figured out it had been setup against a different account to the one with thought or else it would have been bin time.
I have almost zero chance of working out what account is the correct one knowing what this friend is like!

Back
Top Bottom