Your views on gun laws in the UK

Soldato
Also think how many deaths by cops we don't actually know what happened. If we allowed open carrying, cops would have to carry guns. A lot of murders could happen under the guise of "self defence", actually there have been a few cases in the US where nobody knows the truth.

Caporegime
I would have no trouble with a normal, adjusted and sensible member of the public keeping a handgun safely in their house, not on the streets.

However, since there is no definitive way to test someone's suitability to own a gun, then it's a no from me.

How much do pellet guns hurt in the face at point blank range? Obviously not to just anyone like some sicko, but if someone was attacking you in some way.

Art

Art

Associate
If we waste all the ammo shooting targets, what happens when the zombie apocalypse happens?

Then only the army survives. It's a conspiracy, who do you think created the zombies in the first place? :p

However, since there is no definitive way to test someone's suitability to own a gun, then it's a no from me.

Definitely this. Even the army has problems with assessing suitability for potentially lethal duties, how would you deal with it in the population as a whole?

Permabanned
I completely agree with rz30.

An obvious example is the right to defend your own home. If someone's in your home uninvited, you expect to be able to use any means necessary to get them to leave, or to arrest them. Thing is, you don't want to take any risks. So you use enough force to end the confrontation quickly. Then you get prosecuted for unreasonable force.

This country is messed up like that.

As for guns, you can't choose who's suitable to have a gun or not - most people probably aren't suitable, so a blanket freedom on gun ownership isn't a good idea.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Personally i would love to be able to legally carry as a form of self protection as they can in Texas, the sense of self protection appeals to me. Even the churchmen in various states in America arm themselves.

But, can you imagine they legalised guns in Britain, it would be a pretty nasty outcome to say the least, because we are not a mature people, in the states they treat guns with so much respect and it fundamentally adds a whole new level to respect and responsibility that i sometimes wish i could be part off.

Compare the US to the UK for example, we are so conditioned to not protect ourselves and to have fairly controversial sentencings that it must really dumb us down a lot. Imagine we could all be armed and yet have utmost respect for our firearms. I suppose I'm saying, why can't we be more like the Americans.

Either you're a troll or just incredibly stupid. I'm not sure which though...

Soldato
Yep I want the UK to be just like America. Multiple school/workplace/shopping center shootings every year, more people gunned down in the street, more kids shot because they wear a hoodie, me being shot because even at 44 I like my hoodies in the winter, waking up in the night because some **** kid has got hold of a gun and thinks its fun to go shoot at things in the middle of the night.

Yep, please let's have lax gun laws like there are in America. What's the worse that could happen?

Soldato
It's quite interesting. On a US forum you'd have the same level of mockery directed at OP if he suggested outlawing guns.

"Outlawing guns, lol, you trolling?"

Soldato
No way would i want people to be able to own guns to protect their homes in the UK let alone walk around with one! Regardless of licenses, they'll end up in the wrong hands and it'll be too late, like the US. I would seriously consider moving country if such a thing happened.

Nice trolling.. (i hope)

Associate
I think the gun laws in this country are fine. Who is to say that carrying a gun is going to save you anyway? It may end up being turned on you. On the other side of the argument, if you really want to kill someone, you don't need a gun to do it. So, I'd say they've got it about right.

Caporegime
No i'm not kidding, they have always had the right to carry weapons over there. They don't see it as we do, we see it as imminent death, they see it as self preservation. So no i am not kidding.

Well if you're not kidding then you're just wrong.

Americans treating guns with respect. Yeah right :rolleyes:

Why can't we be more like the Americans? No thanks.

Soldato
So you want us, the United Kingdon, that is a mature and civilised country to act like its less mature cousin? You're trolling methinks.

I think some of the knee-jerk laws over here that limited gun club shooting are a bit too far but what we have at the moment is much better than the downright idiotic option the USA has.

Soldato
If the gun laws is this country were relaxed I would own a hand gun and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if someone broke into my house,I'm sure it would put a few thieving gits off if there was a chance of getting shot
While saying that I also think it should be hard to get a gun if the laws were relaxed,any sort of criminal record and you should be unable to qualify to get one

Last edited:
Soldato
If the gun laws is this country were relaxed I would own a hand gun and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if someone broke into my house,I'm sure it would put a few thieving gits off if there was a chance of getting shot

Which is exactly why the gun laws shouldn't be relaxed, you obviously couldn't be trusted with a gun.

Soldato

No, you'd more likely have the gun turned around on you. Plus if burglars knew you where armed they'd more than likely come in armed themselves and primed for violence.

Also, are you sure you could shoot another human being dead? Internet bravado is all well and good but reality is a hell of a lot different.

Back
Top Bottom