Your views on gun laws in the UK

Soldato
Which is exactly why the gun laws shouldn't be relaxed, you obviously couldn't be trusted with a gun.

I'm trusted with a gun everyday thank you very much,plenty of other country's have relaxed gun laws so why shouldn't we?

Just because I have a gun doesn't meen I want to use it what I said was I woulnt hesatate if I had to use it

Soldato
No, you'd more likely have the gun turned around on you.

There are loads of cases of homeowners shooting intruders in America. This gets mentioned a lot but I question if it ever happens.

Also, are you sure you could shoot another human being dead? Internet bravado is all well and good but reality is a hell of a lot different.

Instantly, if I was in danger.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's quite interesting. On a US forum you'd have the same level of mockery directed at OP if he suggested outlawing guns.

"Outlawing guns, lol, you trolling?"

Only on some crazed republican redneck forum. Most Americans actually want much tighter gun laws, especially for open-carry or hand guns.
Many of the pro-gun lobby go hunting and want the right to own a gun to hunt, many are also farmers and there is a much higher risk of predation from coyotes and cougars.

I've never met an American that actually support the right to own guns, but then I don't know any rednecks.

Man of Honour
Too strict like many off are stupid laws (fox hunting, smoking ban), now we can enjoy being attacked as drinkers, as they can't do much more about smoking.

Doesnt mean we should go American way though. Happy medium to be had with keeping weapons on gun ranges.

Soldato
Instantly, if I was in danger.

Bravado. Unless the situation has happened (or you happen to be a trained killer who has killed) then you simply cannot guarantee that you would do so. Even people in the Army who are trained to kill freeze when it comes to their first kill.

Even if you could do it you stand as much chance of getting shot first by the burglar if they come in armed because they know you're armed.

Caporegime
If the gun laws is this country were relaxed I would own a hand gun and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if someone broke into my house,I'm sure it would put a few thieving gits off if there was a chance of getting shot
While saying that I also think it should be hard to get a gun if the laws were relaxed,any sort of criminal record and you should be unable to qualify to get one

If hand guns were legal in the UK then you would be the last person to be able to own a gun if you have openly admitted you would shoot to kill another human.

Soldato
Why would he? In Texas for example, you are allowed to shoot to kill anyone breaking into your house, quite legally.

I was reading an article the other day where an ex-marine killed two robbers, the police were actually praising him in the news report.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's not a decent argument at all. The reason why we don't allow handgun ownership is that it increases gun crime. It's as simple as that.
People use the USA as the gun ownership bench mark because of he crime rate but Canada,Germany,france,Finland,Italy,Spain,Switzerland to name but a few all alllow it's citizens to hold and keep firearms with no or very few problems

Soldato
If hand guns were legal in the UK then you would be the last person to be able to own a gun if you have openly admitted you would shoot to kill another human.
Well my job requres that i MAY have to pull the trigger on another human one day to keep YOUR way of life the way it is,I take it it would be ok then?

Soldato
Caporegime
Why would he? In Texas for example, you are allowed to shoot to kill anyone breaking into your house, quite legally.

In the UK you aren't, even if you legally own a firearm, unless it was in self defence and then only if the person defending him or herself uses no more than "reasonable force".

The case of Tony Martin springs to mind.

He was convicted of murder, later reduced to manslaughter by the Court of Appeal on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Soldato
How can the OP be a troll or just stupid. All he was doing is expressing and opinion for debate.

So for doing that you jump on him for trolling or being stupid. No wonder our society is going down. Can't we debate topics with logic and reasoning?

Or is it because we can hide behind a forum pseudonym.

Back
Top Bottom