z270 release date?

Associate
how far away are we from z270 board release

I was about to buy a new z170 board but thinking z270 is here any minute now

not really in a hurry, got another 2 pc in the house

should I wait?

Soldato
It would have been quicker to use Google than create this thread haha! The CPUs are currently scheduled for early January, so expect boards then also, but no doubt more will trickle out in the subsequent weeks and months. A few have been teased and shown already, but no doubt there are more we are unaware of.

Associate
OP
It would have been quicker to use Google than create this thread haha! The CPUs are currently scheduled for early January, so expect boards then also, but no doubt more will trickle out in the subsequent weeks and months. A few have been teased and shown already, but no doubt there are more we are unaware of.

did try google

couldn't find a proper answer

and a lot of articles was dated back in june and some even last year

a lot of sites gives dodgy news so i'm not sure.

Soldato
My Z97 itx board went pop yesterday and have replaced it with a basic spare board I had so looks like a forced upgrade to kaby in the new year

Associate
very soon, i have a couple already :)

That's fantastic !

Can you please let me know if there will be a Asus Z170i replacement in January ?
Otherwise I will go ahead and get current z170i.

I'm holding out in hope that the Z270i will build upon the current Z170i and include imorovements such as Intel USB 3.1 controller, more USB ports, and possibly even better improved power phases.

Last edited:
Soldato
Which ones have you got davido_labido?

I am not allowed to say atm as they are still NDA =( but basically a flagship model from a couple of different companies. They can be seen knocking about the internet already though tbh. I have an Matx and an ATX board currently.

That's fantastic !

Can you please let me know if there will be a Asus Z170i replacement in January ?
Otherwise I will go ahead and get current z170i.

I'm holding out in hope that the Z270i will build upon the current Z170i and include imorovements such as Intel USB 3.1 controller, more USB ports, and possibly even better improved power phases.

I am hoping they do one, but I don't have that information I am afraid. I am kept in the dark about other products just as much as everyone else. I just get sent the ones I need to do the builds unfortunately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom