z370 + 8700K @5.2ghz whats your cache speeds ?

Soldato
Im thinking about leaving mine on 4800mhz but does not seem to have made much of a difference when i was on 4500mhz i have what i think is a pretty good chip or a golden sample as i can hit 5.1ghz stable at around 1.32v and 5.2ghz at 1.35v and i can get into windows and run cinebench at 5.3 but half way through cinebench it will crash the program with 1.38v though windows doesnt crash so makes me think i have a good chip now
i did notice small increase in synthetic benchmarks but none at all in gaming that i could feel.

though with DDR4 its got quite a high latencey for instance 8 pack 4000mhz stuff i have 4 dims 32gb.
but the latency is through the roof at around 57ns
and having a higher cache seems to have brought it down to around 53-54ns

im interested in others opinions when over clocking ect is there any point i remember when i had haswell chip running cache 1/1 with over clock was pretty good but i also heard that its not really needed with 8gen.

what do you guys think ?

Soldato
had mine running 5.1ghz with 4.8 uncore and 4000hz ram but didn't tighten them to be honest, ran out of time.
did require 1.345v and 360 rad to cool down if benching , 88c max .

If you want to play a game were speed helps, by any amaount. THE ARE BILLIONS- final wave when you've got 20k units with their pathways moving to the center of the map! haha

Back
Top Bottom