Z370 bundle ??

Associate
Hi

I have just treated myself to an Asus Strix OC 1080ti and am thinking of upgrading the rest of my system I have the components listed below which to be fair are performing without flaw.

Asus Maximus VII Hero Intel Z97

Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200C11 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit

Intel i7 4790K

Thinking of getting the following, should they make a difference to gaming performance.

i7 8700k

Asus maximus X Hero z370

GSkill TridentZ 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200C16D RAM

Cheers

Associate
I have the same cpu, motherboard, and same amount of ram (same speed too) and a 1080.
I also have the upgrade itch, I have the time and the cash to upgrade now - but it's not worth it (for me anyways), so I will wait for the next generation of cpu and volta gpu.
In the meantime I will buy a new glass tempered Lian Li case, with RGB fans - just to scratch the itch.

Associate
OP
I have the same cpu, motherboard, and same amount of ram (same speed too) and a 1080.
I also have the upgrade itch, I have the time and the cash to upgrade now - but it's not worth it (for me anyways), so I will wait for the next generation of cpu and volta gpu.
In the meantime I will buy a new glass tempered Lian Li case, with RGB fans - just to scratch the itch.

just did a little googling.. Does not look like much will be gained fps wise. Widescreen monitor it is then.

Associate
I upgraded from a 4790k it was a waste of money :) Luckily I was able to get a lot for the 4790k etc so the upgrade cost wasn't too bad.

Back
Top Bottom