Z370-F 2nd M.2 Slot

Associate
When I first got this board I quickly got an M.2 Sata SSD and installed it into the only M.2 slot I could see (not realising there are 2). This slot is just above the top PCIE lane and is actually marked as the 2nd slot, however I couldn't do anything for the system to recognise anything was plugged into the slot even after messing around with the bios a bit. I eventually discovered slot no.1 and put it in there. A year or 2 later I bought another SSD on sale upgrading from 250gb to 1tb so I didn't mind just swapping but tried to install into slot no.2 again but nothing.

Does anyone know if there is a setting on this specific motherboard I have to select, like the amount of or specific SATA ports I need to dedicate to M.2 or something to activate the 2nd slot? I'm happy with putting it down to the slot being dead, but I feel its more likely its a setting or series of settings I've not correctly entered. I can't find anything on other forums or videos dealing with this specific problem.

Soldato
Hyper M.2X16 [Enabled][Disabled]
[Disabled] Only one SSD installed onto the Hyper M.2 X16 card can be detected.[Enabled] Two or three SSDs installed onto the Hyper M.2 X16 card can be detected.

M.2_1 Configuration: [Auto][SATA mode][PCIE mode]
[Auto] Auto-detects the M.2 device mode. If a SATA device is detected, SATA6G_1 will be disabled.[SATA mode] Only supports M.2 SATA devices. Please note that SATA6G_1 port cannot be used in this mode.[PCIE mode] Only supports M.2 PCIE devices.
M.2_2 PCIe Bandwidth Configuration: [X2][X4]
[X2] Run at X2 mode with SATA6G_56 enabled.[X4] Run at X4 mode for higher performance with SATA6G_56 disabled.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E13351_ROG_STRIX_Z370-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

Found this in the manual.Any use to you?

Soldato
Hyper M.2X16 [Enabled][Disabled]
[Disabled] Only one SSD installed onto the Hyper M.2 X16 card can be detected.[Enabled] Two or three SSDs installed onto the Hyper M.2 X16 card can be detected.
I `think`this means you have to enable it to use the second m2 slot

and a few sata ports are disabled...not certain about this
M.2_1 Configuration: [Auto] `should` work

Back
Top Bottom