Z390 - Gigabyte/Aorus - Xtreme Waterforce

Soldato
So replacing the stock pads with some fujipolys might be an expensive option to better control vrm temps.

Could be specially if you/someone owns a damn good z370 and worries about running 9900k through it. Naturally good airflow /case would help as well.
Had my z370 gigabyte itx hitting 116c when benching, alphacool 17 kwm pads at £50 a pop and dropped to 80c... Though exhaust and top fan was near it as heatsink was VERY hot to touch

EK GPU blocks ship with 3kwm pads, most people don’t change those blue turds. Personally I would suggest Gelid Extreme pads as you can get those for about £7 for 80x80mm, thermal performance close to the Fuji pads at 12kwm for a lot less cash and good enough for the job in hand.

Soldato
OP
Xtreme version - heads up, VRM running AXV is about 60c with 9900k at 5ghz

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-XTREME-rev-10#kf

K50LAaW.png

7ci1elU.png
na2N-u3vMsY

16 phases , using doublers from 8+0 PWM controller. 960amps across the VCore

4 heatpiped Heatsink- back to the good old days it seems. Looks like one goign from the front to the backplate

Seems to be leading the audio scene - 127dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with High-End ESS SABRE 9018K2M DAC

Thunderbolt 3 onboard- last model were z170 that had controllers built in :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Gigabyte z390 Designare board

same VRM as Aorus boards but connectivity of the Xtreme - $260 mark - though shame its not silver like the z270 =/

https://hexus.net/tech/news/mainboard/123851-gigabyte-launches-z390-designare-motherboard/

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-DESIGNARE-rev-10#kf

Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard offers the first ever direct CPU attached PCIe AIC SSDs of NVMe storage for users who demand high capacity and seek the ultimate performance. DESIGNARE’s unique design can be configured in RAID for record speeds of up to 3551 MB/s (Sequential Read) directly attached to CPU side, removing the bottleneck between CPU and platform chipset, making Z390 DESIGNARE the obvious choice for the ultimate content creation PC.

Soldato
OP
How much of that is down to Aorus, or Gigabyte themselves ? I'd be curious to know.

lot of it from feed back from Reviewers, forums and sales ! Z370 is always the stop gap, z390 was penned in before z370 launch . Intel was rushing to combat ryzen , why z370 is on a different node and H370/B360 had a new more integrated chipset. I think Gigabte played it to reframed with most of their z370 line up in which turn forced them to play such a bit hand with z390 line up, with 75% of their product being 12+1 phase design ...

they also went form being worlds largest supplier of motherboards by 2/3rds to slipping under asus who shot up with ROG branding and larger push . needed to get act together - now last effort is push on the bios front

†********

Itx breakdown

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom