Z390 mobo £200 - £250

Permabanned
Hi guys,

Coming back to pc after a couple of years absence and I'm planning a 9700K/RTX 2080 (non ti) build.
Bit outta the loop with current gen mobo offerings so looking for some advice.

I intend to overclock, hopefully nice stable 5.0 on the 9700K.

I've had Asus and MSI boards in the past so I'm comfortable with their bios environments, but not opposed to another vendors.

Build will be a non windowed case so I don't care about Gucci looking boards with RGB etc., will also be using a dedicated soundcard so on-board audio also not a priority.
Don't plan on using M2 drives, not right away anyway so again there is no requirement for boards geared towards multiple M2 drive solutions.

Ideally I'd like to spend around 200, but could go closer to 250 if absolutely necessary.

Not looking for bundle deals as other parts have already been purchased.

Spec away.

Cheers

Soldato
Hi

I would go with a Gigabyte Z390 board. They have better VRM's at the same price point than Asus. The bios isn't as good though but you do get UK RMA support and also a Forum rep (GIGA_Man).

So for that sort of price range you have the Aorus Elite or Aorus Pro. There is also the cheaper Gaming SLI which should do fine for the 9700K.

This link shows you some of the differences in the Gigabyte lineup, if you scroll down to the table at the bottom of the page.

https://wccftech.com/gigabyte-aorus-z390-motherboard-roundup/

If you want MSI then I would look at the MPG Gaming Pro Carbon AC which comes in at £199.99.

Permabanned
OP
The MSI Gaming Pro Carbon was going to be my board of choice after a quick look around - seems to have everything I need for my budget.

Always had good eperiences with MSI boards in the past, their GPU's too.

If nothing else very compelling to the contrary is suggested, it'll likely be the board I go for.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom