1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z4/M Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Motors' started by badgeruk, 31 May 2017.

1. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

thanks a lot for your help

springs are £30 each from another seller so £40 saved there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232438011827

2. Draeger

Capodecina

Holy thread revival, batman!!! :D

So, who still has their Z4's? I've just picked this up to scratch an itch. 2.5 facelift 2006 E85 manual. 150k miles but BMW FSH and owned by an enthusiast who knows his stuff. Roof motor relocated to boot. Sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, wheels newly refurbed with nearly new tyres and new brake discs and pads.

Drove it today, despite the mileage it feels nice and tight. I know the standard 2.5 N52 is only 177bhp and folk say go for the 3.0/2.5 Si/3.0 Si but this is my first foray into Z4 ownership and I'm happy with it. Plus it was a very good price :cool:

Will be servicing it/changing oil and fluids, preventatively fitting a new waterpump and thermostat then it will get a valet and a machine polish. Hood needs cleaning too. Couple of photos from the advert, will post more once I have it all shineyd up to my standards :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 9designs2

Mobster

Nice, I still have a Z4, moved on to an E89 now after 2 E85s....

4. SkodaMart

Mobster

I have the exact same model.
    Ours is a 2008 model.
    Despite the 2.5i n52 only having 177bhp it has very similar torque to the 2.5si infact you will only really notice the difference revving them out to the top end - where the SI is noticeably quicker.

5. SkodaMart

Mobster

Saying that I’ve just quit my job/trade and now walk to work.
    I’m considering a new Berlingo for G/F & leisure and possibly another cheap to run fun car for weekend.
    Trouble is the Z4 is hard to beat for value.

6. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

Sold mine whilst prices are insane, liked it as a daily but not enough that I couldn’t not accept losing £0 on it after 2 years and 20k miles.

7. badgeruk

Wise Guy

Can't believe this thread is over 4 years old now.

Mine went back in April as I fancied a change after 7 years for z4 ownership and 80k~ miles. Still loved the M to bits tho and was sad to see it go.

8. Draeger

Capodecina

Thanks chaps, always had a hankering for a roadster and this fits the bill nicely. Looking forward to getting a few miles under my belt in it.

9. mr tommo

Soldato

I miss mine! Still think the E85 looks fantastic, congrats

10. Draeger

Capodecina

So got some of my own photos today on a wee run out with my boy :cool: Got rid of the awful 'M' grille badge, sorted some weak washer jets (usual sludge blocking the filter in the washer reservoir), cleaned the hood with Meguiars Soft Top cleaner and it came up a treat, will need a second pass as I missed a few bits but made a huge difference. Started cleaning/detailing the engine bay too. Then washed it and gave it a quick coat of Fast Wax. Got a m8 who does paint correction so a machine polish and ceramic coating is on the cards shortly.

Could do with uprating the headlight bulbs though, standard halogens are like candles at night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. SkodaMart

Mobster

That’s looking well.
    I will try to get some pictures of mine uploaded when I get chance.
    Mines silver with red leather. Below

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Oct 2021