Z4/M Owners Thread

Soldato
New Zed collected yesterday

HXC02_S_zpsvyrunqkn.jpg

HXC03_S_zpspm7diin7.jpg

HXC01_S_zpsptpnaw8d.jpg

Need to get a DA and do a proper restore/detail on the paint, other than that it's sweet. These wheels are my fresh refurbs off my old Zed. The one's that came on the car need doing so I'll sell them off as it had 2 new tyres. Plus I prefer the 108's

Soldato
Not sure if this is a thing, but my front bumper badge has fallen/stolen off the car (No where to be seen on the floor) But here's the kicker, the actual metal badge holder is still there, like the emblem part is gone, so all i have now is a silver badge with glue remnants, I know it's been hot lately but is this a thing? Also best place to buy a replacement at a reasonable cost to replace on a facelift bumper cheers.

Associate
OP
New Zed collected yesterday

Need to get a DA and do a proper restore/detail on the paint, other than that it's sweet. These wheels are my fresh refurbs off my old Zed. The one's that came on the car need doing so I'll sell them off as it had 2 new tyres. Plus I prefer the 108's

That looks quite nice. Best colour interior as well :)

Hope you have better luck with a DA then I did. 2 afternoons I spent on one part of the boot lid and it made no difference. I either suck (likely) or the paint is hard as hell.

I changed all my badges over on Thursday lunch time. Only took about 15 min or so to do. Back one wasn't too bad but the sides had faded a lot. To my surprise the paint has not faded at all so at least it shouldn't go pink any time soon.

Soldato
Annoyingly the roof motor in mine went today. Bit of a nuisance and I guess I already know what the Christmas bonus is going on.

07 Plate purchased privately in late March :(

Soldato
I read you can clean them and dry them out and it may come back to life. I need to check mine is clear and free.
Just purchased the cruise control stalk and loom to add that feature in.
It doesn't have folding mirrors, my old one did, so will look into that as well

Associate
Regarding polishing, I've heard of some people using microfibre pads to make any headway on the paint, as the sponge pads just didn't have enough cut to them.

It doesn't surprise me, my black 13 year old Zed shows far less swirls and marks than the 4 year old DS3 it replaced, so I imagine the paint is significantly harder!

I read you can clean them and dry them out and it may come back to life. I need to check mine is clear and free.
Just purchased the cruise control stalk and loom to add that feature in.
It doesn't have folding mirrors, my old one did, so will look into that as well

Believe the folding mirrors are an awful lot of work as none of the wiring will be there

Soldato
Annoyingly the roof motor in mine went today. Bit of a nuisance and I guess I already know what the Christmas bonus is going on.

07 Plate purchased privately in late March :(
A few guys on the forums repair them and move to boot around the UK, go and search. Cost is like £200 and you don't usually need a new motor. They stop because they're soaked in water. Z4 forums that is.

Back
Top Bottom