Z77 Chipset Motherboard Reviews

Associate
Its worth remembering that those tests were done with a pre release
chip acquired not entirely legally in china. Who knows if the chip is even
close to being the same as the release version.

Caporegime
Its worth remembering that those tests were done with a pre release
chip acquired not entirely legally in china. Who knows if the chip is even
close to being the same as the release version.

EDIT: just spotted they used an engineering samply 3770k chip,so might be different to final release/revision chips,98c @4.7ghz and only 1.36v cpu voltage just seems ridiculous

look here http://cdn5.tweaktown.com/content/4...7_with_ivy_bridge_motherboard_review_full.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn. Hope it's true that it will be different, else Ill just grab a 2600k and stick with that. Would be a disappointment since the IB is 22nm tech :(

Last edited:
Permabanned
well i seen 2 reviews with retail chips and same thing.....
Prolimatech Armageddon cooler with 2x140mm fans
BetterPrime30min.png

3570k46ghzbenchmarks.png

rest of test.....
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2600400

Still single core performance is what i am after. And Ivy seems RL good. My other mates [email protected] does 2.03 in cinebench so not bad for 4.6ghz run !!!!

Last edited:
Associate
It seems that voltage is low but temps are high. According to other tests it seems to be manageable @ 4.5ghz - which still gives really strong performance to be fair.

I have ordered a Z77 board, but as it is out of stock I still have the chance to cancel it and go S2011.

However, given the difference in price of that option I can live with a stable 4.5ghz overclock and better single core performance.

Soldato
Yeah I suppose that the temp readers could be off since they might not really be configured for the new processor smaller dies. And just take them to be generating a lot more heat then they really are. I think Ill give it till the end of June to decide wether I go SB or IB. But yeah seems lovely low voltage for quite a good OC. Can't really argue there. :)

Soldato
This isn't looking good so far, I would expect it to oc more than SB without requiring insane cooling. If not, major two barrel release there from Intel, straight through the feet. Not long to wait now I guess to see what actually gets released though.

Back
Top Bottom