1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zarqawi claimed killed in Iraq air raid

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Shackley, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Shackley

Banned

If you look at picture 8 here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/5058476.stm I think that Mr Zarqawi is rolling a 'herbal' cigarette - once again illustrating that these do not lead to a peaceful, contented approach.

I wonder what music he listened to ? Perhaps even now, he is chatting happily to Jerry Garcia ?

2. AJUK

Man of Honour

3. anarchist

PermaBanned

4. bingham67

Soldato

He had fingerprint tests dna to follow in next 48 hours but the fingerprint come back positive apparently.

Anyway good glad he killed.

5. robmiller

Capodecina

Wow, he was like some kind of cat - I'm sure this is the tenth time he's been killed!

6. Mulder

Mobster

Anyone else feel as though Zarqawi is just the product of US war propaganda that is designed to promote the image of a demonic enemy?

7. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

I prefer to stick to basic motivations with my 'feelings', rather than make complex judgements. I save that for beliefs and critical evaluations and unfortunately I require evidence for either of those, so... no.

8. quadboi

PermaBanned

THINKING the exact same thing :o

9. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Nice to see a little honesty and spine...

10. sniffy

Sgarrista

You could have a point.

Any man which was proclaimed as the leader of al qaeda in Iraq by Bin Laden (granted, this could be argued) himself truely deserves to burn in hell though.

I think there is little doubt he was a ruthless, influential and dangerous man in al qaeda.

11. Mulder

Mobster

You're a real pedant, aren't you? Would this have sounded better:

"Anyone else made a judgment based on evidence they have read/seen/heard/come into contact with that Zarqawi is just the product of US war propaganda that is designed to promote the image of a demonic enemy?"

12. Loki

Asus Rep

No doubt this will have a neutral effect overall. On the one hand it is a good scalp to have and will no doubt shake a few. On the other hand it can be used to oil the wheels of propoganda. No doubt the scant structure that Al Queda has will allow another figure head of signficant value fill the void.

Remember these people are fighting a war under a different agenda to us. They fight for their religion first then the nation second. That is why we see recruitment of insurgents from other countries fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

13. Indy11

Gangster

It is always possible that Zarqawi knew his days were numbered because of the bounty and that he was working to create an organization that didn't need a head to keep functioning.

There are reports that, whereas in the beginning the Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia was loaded up with recruits from outside Iraq, they are now mainly Iraqis. The supposition is that Zarqawi's lieutenants also now are Iraqis.

It is possible that there will be all kinds of blood letting, including an internecine one if succession plans were not well made in anticipation of this eventuality. When Abu Nidal died, there was a lot of killing within that went on.

14. Loki

Asus Rep

The Americans have always reported that Al Quead has a fairly flat structure to it so even if they do not find a replacement will they be less effective ?

15. Spie

Godfather

People generally get what they deserve in life, and so did he.

16. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Guilty as charged when it comes to discourse, its a subtle yet viscious weapon...

It's been espoused, but the only 'evidence' I have seen has been in the form of opinion columns on esoteric far-left websites...

17. Shackley

Banned

That isn't how most people spell 'vicious' or did you mean 'a measure of the resistance of a fluid to deform under shear stress' ?

18. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Yes, its a spelling mistake - have a ribbon for your hair.

19. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

I don't feel that way. I feel that Zarqawi is the product of his own making.

There is no denying that the man was a wild animal and a ruthless and sadistic animal [ Apologies ]. He was almost certainly involved in the beheading of foreign workers in Iraq and people like him will only ever gain my contempt and that of others, equally appalled by such inhuman brutality.

Even Osama Bin Laden and his key lieutenants will be relieved almost that he has been killed as concerns were voiced that his hatred and ruthlessness were on a different level and may undermine the cause that Al Qaeda fight for.

What did he do this for ? In the name of Allah ? Islam ? I suspect some of our Muslim friends on the forum here may have differences of opinion with him on that subject and his acts in the name of both God and religion will undoubtedly cause revulsion in the Muslim world.

The man was a big boy and he knew the risks when he took up arms. There was never any doubt that he would attract executive interest from the CIA, MI6 and various intelligence services and SF across the Alliance and the outcome is no surprise, although very welcome to a lot of people. It is ironic that he killed far more Iraqi civilains than Allied troops.

He lived by the sword and he died by the F-16.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  20. VIRII

PermaBanned

LOL. I wonder if you even understand the definition that you've pasted. Yes pasted, not posted. No inadvertent typographical error there. I do understand the concept of shear stress, but do you?
    Of course now if you make a spelling mistake you are fair game for significant abuse :) Keep posting.