*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think the heroes path is a good idea for those people who are struggling finding everything , be easy to check where you have been , that's the only thing I would use it for ..

I completed the game with about 70-80 hours done, perhaps more. I had explored what I thought was the whole map, wandered through the emptier parts of the map etc. Realised about 10 hours after completing the game that I had missed an entire tower and area of the map right at the bottom. I really want to know what places I haven't visited now.

Soldato
OP
Been playing almost exclusively in handheld mode for the past month, finally had a chance to play via the dock last night and looked glorious on my TV.

Was weird using the Pro Controller again, felt massive at first but is lovely pad.

Soldato
Saw that the pre-owned black Wii U console was down to £99 in some of the high-street places, and they had a copy of Breath of the Wild so bought on a whim yesterday.
Played around 4 hours last night, got the paraglider and went to the the first village type area. Aside from some issues with that Wii U monstrosity of a control pad, this seems like it's definitely worthy of the praise everyone gives it.

No internet at my flat anymore, so have had to bring the system to work to download the latest update/language tracks.
Last Zelda I'd played was Link Between Worlds which was fun, but I think this seems like another level of gaming.

For anyone on the Wii U (if any are left), would it be worth getting the consoles Pro Controller to play this, or should I just get used to the tablet thing?

Edit: Played about another 4 hours tonight. Really enjoyable game. Worth the price of a Wii U if you can't stomach a Switch! I wasn't sure if it looked better tonight after having updates installed, or if it's just because I'm sitting further from TV... Framerate isn't the best, but it's not the kind of thing that bothers me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just got a NS and BOTW and played it properly yesterday for the first time. Around 4 hours in. Got off the great plateu and then to the first village. Also playing it on a 92" projector at 1080p and have to say it is an incredibly stunning game. The art style is incredible.

The music, the art, the sound effects, the characters...truly charming and beautiful game...and I am only 4 hours in!

What I cannot decide is whether or not to buy the DLC now or later down the line! :o

Caporegime
Just got a NS and BOTW and played it properly yesterday for the first time. Around 4 hours in. Got off the great plateu and then to the first village. Also playing it on a 92" projector at 1080p and have to say it is an incredibly stunning game. The art style is incredible.

The music, the art, the sound effects, the characters...truly charming and beautiful game...and I am only 4 hours in!

What I cannot decide is whether or not to buy the DLC now or later down the line! :o

Just wait till you've finished it, or had enough of the main story.

Man of Honour

The DLC adds lots of quality of life improvements to the game with the teleporter, korok mask and heroes path that should really have been in there from day one.

Soldato
Saw that the pre-owned black Wii U console was down to £99 in some of the high-street places, and they had a copy of Breath of the Wild so bought on a whim yesterday.
Played around 4 hours last night, got the paraglider and went to the the first village type area. Aside from some issues with that Wii U monstrosity of a control pad, this seems like it's definitely worthy of the praise everyone gives it.

No internet at my flat anymore, so have had to bring the system to work to download the latest update/language tracks.
Last Zelda I'd played was Link Between Worlds which was fun, but I think this seems like another level of gaming.

For anyone on the Wii U (if any are left), would it be worth getting the consoles Pro Controller to play this, or should I just get used to the tablet thing?

Edit: Played about another 4 hours tonight. Really enjoyable game. Worth the price of a Wii U if you can't stomach a Switch! I wasn't sure if it looked better tonight after having updates installed, or if it's just because I'm sitting further from TV... Framerate isn't the best, but it's not the kind of thing that bothers me.
I've been using the Pro Controller which is much, much nicer. Worth it, but only if you can pick one up cheap

Soldato

I think I'm going to get it so I can see where I've explored so I can go looking for more shrines , 45 hours in on my 2nd divine beast atm but only done about 55 shrines

Soldato
170 hours play time with 100% completetion yet the hero's path showed me there was actually some areas I missed out! So started to fill in those little gaps, and it still looks amazing no matter where you area.

Managed to complete the master of the sword trials but it took a while to remember how to play the game since I stopped for a month, but once you get into it, the trials is pretty fun.

Haven't tried master mode yet, a quick look around, I'm not so sure if I'm good enough to try :p.

Caporegime
Where do you see your % of completion? :)

Stuck a few more hours in today. Found a random path through the mountains to the second village and got to the science lab. Now I have some additional side quests and the main objectives of doing the lost memories, divine beasts and ganon. Fancy some sidequests first :D

Finding money very scarce. Having to sell what I find to make money for different clothes at the moment.

Soldato
I've been using the Pro Controller which is much, much nicer. Worth it, but only if you can pick one up cheap

I never touch third party controllers usually, but the "Stoga" Wii U Pro controller was so cheap on Amazon, and had positive reviews so went for it.
I don't like the layout of the Wii U Pro controller (right analogue stick and buttons) but it's so much nicer to use than the tablet thing. The reviews are all accurate. It's a solid built thing and the battery life is fantastic.
Still loving Breath of the Wild, and it's definitely worth picking up a cheap Wii U for. Sure there are framerate hitches at points, but I'm not sensitive to this and I've never thought it affected gameplay.

PayDay Lover
Associate

If it were me I would buy the DLC now and start fresh on the hard mode. I have ploughed too much time into the game now to restart, but if I had not I would be on the difficult mode in a heart beat (kind of wish I could upgrade to hard mode from where I am now), heck I am in two minds to do so now, but with 100+ hours in it, I think I will finish and then one day in the future maybe go again.
I mean the game is challenging as it is, but the hard mode sounds like it would be awesome. Also, once you get the Master Sword you definitely want the Trial available to improve it.

I myself have 2 bosses down and 94 shrines done, almost all gear is max lvl too (I don't know why, I told myself I would not 'waste my time' upgrading all the armor I would never se, and yet I find myself addictively doing so!) On Sunday I sat down for the Master Trial and it was frustrating, tense, and so much bloody fun. Took me about 5 or so hours I reckon to finish it (I messed up once on middle trial and had to restart that section). For the Trial alone the DLC was worth it to me (afterall, I spend near that on cinema tickets and food for 90 mins - 2 hrs entertainment) so the fact there is another download at the end of the year makes it a bargain to me.

All in all, my only real criticism of the game as a whole is the armor graphics. I hate the looks of the sets I wear most frequently, and the set I like one of the best nearly never gets worn (Soldiers). I would love a DLC that allowed you to switch powers on armor around, or maybe some Trials to add a power to the sets that have none

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom