*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

Soldato
Got a few hours in today, great to just pick up the Switch and play in bed in the morning!

Such a nice enjoyable gaming experience, really impressed with the environmental effects and ambience, wildlife etc.

Also like that it doesn't hold your hand, or restrict you....just gives you the tools and you have to figure it out. Can definitely see why it's got the review scores it has.

6 shrines down....glad there's plenty to go!

Soldato
Struggling for the 1st time really
how hard is the stealth mission where you have to sneak into the base and rescue the gerudo woman, everytime they spot me its game over , still not managed to do it , need to as well so I can do the divine beast ..

Soldato
Struggling for the 1st time really

If you take your time and (ab)use the bananas it really isn't too bad. There is a big stash of bananas up the ladder on the left after you get through the first door. Just throw 2-3 in front of a guard and you should be able to sneak behind them. Don't worry about picking up gems as you can return to the area shortly afterwards to collect them.

Two other tips:
  • you can throw multiple fruit at once.
  • you only need to get to the second doorway (in the far right corner) so it's not actually that bad
That said, it's still the lowest point of the game by some distance.

Caporegime
If you take your time and (ab)use the bananas it really isn't too bad. There is a big stash of bananas up the ladder on the left after you get through the first door. Just throw 2-3 in front of a guard and you should be able to sneak behind them. Don't worry about picking up gems as you can return to the area shortly afterwards to collect them.

Two other tips:
  • you can throw multiple fruit at once.
  • you only need to get to the second doorway (in the far right corner) so it's not actually that bad
That said, it's still the lowest point of the game by some distance.

Yeah same, I just chucked bananas about. Need to go back and kick *** really.

Soldato
103 shrines down! Getting tougher to spot. Currently looking at the map and heading for areas where there's a big gap between previous shrines and seems to work for the most part but it's going to get harder now

Caporegime
I'm close to 60 shrines now (58 I think) weird to think I've gone through so many and almost half way through them!
Found the Hebra area tough going. The cold gear is great but the defense level is low. It's almost like being thrown back to when you have just 5 hearts at times! :) Will be coming back more when my armor is leveled up. Found a white lynel with my name on it :)

Incredible how different this area is compared to Death Mountain and the other areas. The contrast of design is fantastic.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm close to 60 shrines now (58 I think) weird to think I've gone through so many and almost half way through them!
Found the Hebra area tough going. The cold gear is great but the defense level is low. It's almost like being thrown back to when you have just 5 hearts at times! :) Will be coming back more when my armor is leveled up. Found a white lynel with my name on it :)

Incredible how different this area is compared to Death Mountain and the other areas. The contrast of design is fantastic.

On 119. Been on the last one for ages. It's driving me crazy.

Man of Honour
I haven't used a guide yet for the game but the temptation has come up more than once! See how I fair towards the 120 mark, 107 now

I'm sure Phate has as he knows far too much about places he hasn't been to yet.

I only cheated with the recipes as I couldn't find the piece of paper I wrote them down on when it came to cooking them for a quest.

Caporegime
Yeah same, I just chucked bananas about. Need to go back and kick *** really.

There's a YouTube video on how to do that because in that room no matter what armour you have it is a 1 hit kill. In short you need a blizzard rod and one heavy damage weapon, the idea is get them all in front of you and freeze them then spin charge all of them at once.

Caporegime
I'm sure Phate has as he knows far too much about places he hasn't been to yet.

For me as I went so long wanting a Switch and being without one whilst the whole world was playing it. I ended up seeing lots of youtube videos showing gameplay. Not specifically looking to figure things out, but more "10 things you didn't know about BOTW" or just general reading online and someone mentioning about where the Hero's shield is. Stuff like that. I've not used the guide to figure anything out in the game. I've used the map a few times for some reference points but otherwise, nope.

Soldato
OP
I've needed guides and hints, have avoided anything story related but found the Devine Beasts a boring slog so just followed a YouTube video for the last two to knock them out and get back to exploring the world.

I don't feel guilty about it, I have two young girls and as such limited play time so can't be wasting hours grinding.

Back
Top Bottom