*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

Man of Honour
I've decided I need to get better at combat. I've been lazily hacking away and depending on meals to keep me winning battles. Time to actually get good at defensive play. I've done three divine beasts and I'm looking for shrines I haven't done. I guess I'm on about 90.

Soldato
One thing I did wrong was not exchange Korok seeds until quite late on. Once I realised what they were used for I realised how many good weapons I had needlessly dropped!

For beginners I would say make the most out of the start! Once you have all the armours you no longer need to cook receipes to withstand the environment - which removed some of the intensity/strategy as you watch the clock count down!

Man of Honour
One thing I did wrong was not exchange Korok seeds until quite late on. Once I realised what they were used for I realised how many good weapons I had needlessly dropped!

For beginners I would say make the most out of the start! Once you have all the armours you no longer need to cook receipes to withstand the environment - which removed some of the intensity/strategy as you watch the clock count down!

Yeah the difficulty for the first 15-20 hours is fantastic. It does spoil the game once you can just smash your face on the pad and still kill everything because of the armour.

Soldato
Yeah the Great Plateau right at the beginning was the highlight for me. Learning to cook things like spicy peppers to withstand the cold so you can venture up to the shrine - armed only with rusty weapons. The difficulty does generally go down as progress.

The island out to sea where you're stripped of everything was awesomeness also.

Caporegime
Indeed. I am at 118. An NPC basically told me where one is but I am saving that for the very last

Hyrule Castle

So I've pretty much got 1 to go out and find...somewhere. Currently using Heros path and flybys to sweep over areas in the hopes I just missed it.

The big problem will be is if I have gone past it somehow in an area I've been too a lot.

Caporegime
Some are very missable!

Are there many around the castle? I haven't really done that area much yet

In the Hyrule region itself I think there are a handful (4 or 5, from memory) I know there is one you have to go to the castle to get, its on the northern side of the castle, or just outside it. Going by what an NPC has said. I kinda want Hyrule Castle to be the very last place I go to.

Man of Honour
In the Hyrule region itself I think there are a handful (4 or 5, from memory) I know there is one you have to go to the castle to get, its on the northern side of the castle, or just outside it. Going by what an NPC has said. I kinda want Hyrule Castle to be the very last place I go to.

I've been avoiding too to try and make it climactic.

Man of Honour
It was well worth going to Hyrule Castle early on. There are some nice things there that are useful up to the mid game and I got my butt whooped going there and had to explore carefully, which wouldn't have happened once I learnt to parry everything or had mid-level armour.

Caporegime
Found Shrine 119! :D

I warped to a shrine near the yiga clan hideout. Glided along the crevasse. I had been there before but only by foot, not airborn. Going along, it was evening so luminious stones were glowing, then I saw 4 of them surrounding a shrine plate, eureka! :D

So now I am around the back of Hyrule castle, tentatively looking around!

Caporegime
So I have all 120 shrines now... :)

Big spoilers below....not recommended if you haven't finished the game.

After finding 119 yesterday on the way to work I began hunting around for shrine 120 around the North side of Hyrule castle. I found it, in the process I also found Zeldas bedroom, read her diary (which gave me a bit of a lump in my throat) and found the final memory on the bridge. Thius finally completing Impas quest and getting the very last memory showing Link sacrificing himself to save Zelda but which her love for him was the key to unlocking her power.

Absolutely incredible. Was completely blown away and I've loved seeing this whole backstory unfold. Seeing the history between the two characters. It's been fantastic. I think I'll sit down and rewatch all the memories for no other reason than "just because" - I've just enjoyed them.

I now have the Hero of the Wild outfit which looks excellent, for some reason I had it in my head that I would just get it, then go get the Hylian shield then start beating my way towards Ganon in the castle...completely forgot about the potential upgrades. And naturally it needs the most difficult parts to do so :p

God damn this game! :D Right when I think "I will finish this off on the weekend" it's thrown at least another weeks worth of gameplay at me!

What an awesome journey its been. Best game I have ever played.

Associate
So I have all 120 shrines now... :)

Big spoilers below....not recommended if you haven't finished the game.

After finding 119 yesterday on the way to work I began hunting around for shrine 120 around the North side of Hyrule castle. I found it, in the process I also found Zeldas bedroom, read her diary (which gave me a bit of a lump in my throat) and found the final memory on the bridge. Thius finally completing Impas quest and getting the very last memory showing Link sacrificing himself to save Zelda but which her love for him was the key to unlocking her power.

Absolutely incredible. Was completely blown away and I've loved seeing this whole backstory unfold. Seeing the history between the two characters. It's been fantastic. I think I'll sit down and rewatch all the memories for no other reason than "just because" - I've just enjoyed them.

I now have the Hero of the Wild outfit which looks excellent, for some reason I had it in my head that I would just get it, then go get the Hylian shield then start beating my way towards Ganon in the castle...completely forgot about the potential upgrades. And naturally it needs the most difficult parts to do so :p

God damn this game! :D Right when I think "I will finish this off on the weekend" it's thrown at least another weeks worth of gameplay at me!

What an awesome journey its been. Best game I have ever played.

Grats :D

Regarding what was shown in that last memory; there's a little more detail behind it that a certain npc will explain now that you've completed a certain task. I don't want to ruin anything about that interaction, but incase you don't stumble upon it remember to look it up :).

Oh and about that end game shrine reward...

'Light Yellow' is the best colour :p

5sKabg4.jpg.png

and yes I prefer it without the hat #zeldafashion

Back
Top Bottom