1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by KraniX, Jan 15, 2017.

1. KraniX

Wise Guy

Couldn't find a thread dedicated to the new Zelda which I thought was strange.

We have a Switch thread but if any game deserves its own thread it's Zelda!

So how are you feeling about it since the last presentation?

I loved the new trailer -

Does anyone think the price will come down before launch? £60 is a lot of money.

EDIT: 02/03/2017 - No spoilers tag added to the thread title, to be safe though as some screenshots and videos have been posted previously I recommend only viewing from page 15 onward if you're really concerned.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. malachi

Sgarrista

Yes, I think it will.

Is the Wii U version releasd on the same date?

3. R088ieS86

Mobster

Nintendo site has it down as the same date 03/03

4. Armadillo

Mobster

I have the Wii U version pre-orderd.

Normally I wouldn't bother, but I'm concerned that Nintendo will do the same as that did with Twilight princess and only do a small run for the outgoing console.

5. malachi

Sgarrista

Yep me too. Still can't stomach the price for the Switch version but I paid about the same for Zelda 64 back in the day.

6. KraniX

Wise Guy

That's a good shout, I have a Switch and Zelda preordered but think I might reserve the Wii U version too in case I change my mind.

7. DONOHUE07

Wise Guy

I really don't no what to do regarding Zelda, I have a WiiU and I was buying for the WiiU, but now it's coming out on Switch, which I won't be buying until more games come out and the console has seen a price drop. Do I buy for the WiiU or do wait a year and buy for the Switch????

8. BMox81

Hitman

It's already down to £50 at The Game Collection.

9. mahius

Wise Guy

What's the best place to order the WiiU version from? I looked on Nintendo's Official Store and they don't seem to have it on there.

10. malachi

Sgarrista

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6776967

11. Quixote

Wise Guy

And argos. I honestly can't see ever needing to pay more than £50 for a game, every time a new console comes out, they try it on with the prices early on, happens with all consoles.

12. R088ieS86

Mobster

probably that rainforest place. £38 with prime.

13. McBain

Capodecina

Massive fan of Ocarina but haven't been a fan since, could never get into Windwaker.

That trailer, I don't know, it's not appealing to me. I guess it's the cel-shaded/anime approach.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  14. ak22

Soldato

Really looking forward to this I will be getting it on Wii U, I hope the fps and draw distance holds up.

15. Scotty123

Wise Guy

Looking forward to this. Not played Zelda since Ocarina of time on the n64 when I was younger.

16. KraniX

Wise Guy

So which box art do you prefer, US or Europe?

This was an article on Eurogamer the other day.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...an-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-box-art

US is on the left, Europe on the right.

[​IMG]

Personally, I much prefer the US one as it seems much more dramatic, I don't like the way Link is looking back in the EU version.

US box is very Lord of the Rings, but that's seldom a bad thing.

Was surprised at the comments on Eurogamer, a lot of people preferred the blue skies EU one, I thought the moody US one would have taken it hands down.

17. megalomanic

Wise Guy

18. KraniX

Wise Guy

I know what you mean, I think if Link was looking straight on or in silouette then I'd love it.

Thanks for the wallpapers/links, I found a pretty good version of the US one previously but wasn't optimised for widescreen. Is now sitting proudly on my desktop.

19. Dannyb01y

Mobster

I do love the look of this, not even sure I'm buying a Switch but this is making a strong case for it!

Ta for my new desktop wallpaper. :)

20. D3K

Mobster

This will probably be my last Nintendo purchase.

It's a major reason I bought the WiiU and they've kept me waiting. The switch does not appeal, especially not the new mario which reminds me of the worst in the franchise (sunshine).

I think grew out of Nintendo about 10 years ago but have always been pulled back in via marketing. They're really not resonating with me this time.