1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by KraniX, Jan 15, 2017.

1. fez

Capodecina

Downloading DLC part 2 as a type. I started playing through a second time on hard mode but I didn't get more than a few hours in. There were other games to play and I had spent A LOT of time on my first play through so I don't think I have really got the will to do it again.

2. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Nice that dlc 2 is here, will wait and here a few general thoughts on the amount of content before jumping in and buying I think, the trailer left me thinking it's not as substantial as I had hoped? Wanted Zelda: blood and wine ;)

3. KraniX

Wise Guy

I'm liking it so far, more Zelda never a bad thing. You need to have beaten the devine beasts to do the core mission.

I don't think 15 quid is too much for the amount of content across both packs. Keep in mind that you may not see a new Zelda for some years so make the most of this one.

4. bakes0310

Capodecina

Is dlc2 the last one?

5. Plainsong

Soldato

There's only two as far as I know.

6. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Yes they won't be doing any more.

7. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Do wonder what Zelda becomes going forward

8. Noxia

Soldato

Whilst I am enjoying BotW I do hope the next one is a bit more focused. I am personally getting a bit bored of open world games.

9. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Yea maybe a hybrid of this with the traditional structure of proper dungeons etc

10. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Hopefully alternating between classic 2D and open world 3D games.

11. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Odyssey style? :D could work!

I liked the 2d elements of the link between world's 3ds title

12. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I meant alternating between releasing a 2D game and a 3D game on the same system now that they no longer have 2 different systems.

13. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Ohh sorry ;)

Both would be.. interesting! But I would also just be happy with more ports of the old games. Windwaker hd is stunning, would love that on switch

14. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Hows the dlc? Was expecting this thread to get new life with its arrival :D

15. Plainsong

Soldato

Can't tear myself away from Xenoblade. When I am done with that I'll go back to this.

16. megalomanic

Wise Guy

It took me longer than expected to do the Master Trials :o. I think because I haven't played for a little while I had to get a feel of the combat again, great fun though!.

I didn't care much for the other content added in DLC 1, though it was fun hunting down all the new items. It took me like 20 mins to discover how to get to the Medallion location.

I just finished it tonight.

Although I found it underwhelming in some respects and kinda just more of the same, it takes some of the best aspects of the main game and puts new twists and variations on them. There's some nice new ideas to mix things up abit and some great new puzzles. There was some interesting and amusing additional backstory stuff, and I had some fun with the reward at the end :D.
    The worst part is I've got that feeling once more that it's all over, and I'm left wanting more... again :(.

While playing the DLC I did come across the last Talus I needed to kill for my 3rd Medal of Honor!, which was lucky. It was one I had chosen to ignore before as I didn't know about the medals at the time.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  17. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Sounds pretty good then. How long would you say the newest content took you to complete?

18. fez

Capodecina

Personally I wasn't that impressed with DLC2. Felt really lazy and I didn't think the puzzles were very good. None of them were remotely challenging and it felt like a grind for most of it.

Re-using bosses and locations, no new areas per se and I just didn't really feel like I would have missed out if I hadn't played the DLC

I really wish they had taken you back to hyrule before it fell into disrepair and allowed your to explore it like that. It would have been a lot of work on their part though I guess.

19. Nitefly

Man of Honour

@fez The info in your spoiler is :o :o

I would be royally miffed had I bought that.

20. kinger8938

Sgarrista

I agree I had heard this too and seems a bit lazy when you look at what horizon and the witcher churned out as dlc.

Was expecting something more on that scale, personally