Zen FTTC 20% off

Soldato
Hope this is not the beginning of the end pf Zen, haven't seen them do deals before they have always seemed to be like it or lump it when it came to prices.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Makes it a pretty reasonable price to be honest. Not sure I'd want to get into a 24 month contract though, especially if you're likely to end up with G.fast at the rate Openreach seem to be installing the pods.

Man of Honour
Several of my customers use Zen. Excellent ISP, unlike PlusNet :D
Having used both back to back I'd disagree. Both have been excellent IMO, okay PlusNet support times are a bit longer but I can stomach that for the price difference.

As above, it's odd for Zen to be offering deals.

Soldato
Having used both back to back I'd disagree. Both have been excellent IMO, okay PlusNet support times are a bit longer but I can stomach that for the price difference.

As above, it's odd for Zen to be offering deals.

Is that for business? Slow speeds, incorrect billing and very slow support. That's with over a dozen businesses I've supported.

Soldato
VM turned up at a business I was working at to upgrade the broadband.

Two VM engineers couldn't work out how to change the ip from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 on the box.

Soldato
I'm always put off by the static IP being forced upon you. Got a thing about privacy, but then i'm probably being daft as dynamic doesn't even change all that much. I'd choose them in a heartbeat otherwise.

Caporegime
So I guess Zen don't use traffic shaping at peak times or anything like that? Is their router a one-box set up (i.e. you don't need the Openreach modem)?

I might have to ring up Sky and tell them to price match or else I'm off. :p

Soldato
Okay Sky are just about the most expensive mainstream provider you could choose for a 80/20 FTTC connection.

Don't forget to look at Zen's calling package charges.

I pay Plusnet £8/month for their 'Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls' calling package which I believe is basically equivalent to what you're paying Sky £8/month for. Zen charge £18/month for an equivalent calling plan.

Caporegime
TBH, I don't think the calling charges bit is any bother. We are paying the £8 to Sky but in reality probably only using £1 a month on calls. We never phone anyone on the landline, it's all video calling on iPhones/iPads now. So Sky have been getting a nice little bonus from us each month anyway. :p

I'll give Sky a ring a bit later on when it should be easier to get through.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

With me looking at broadband deals until my eyes bleed lately, seen this and know its highly recommended by you guys:

http://www.zen.co.uk/thebigdeal
20% off.
Wow thanks for pointing this out. I'm an existing Zen customer (I *love* them), and they happily moved me across, saving me £11 a month (well, minus the one-off £35 sign-up fee). That's £229 saving over the 2 year contract, not too shabby!

I think they are doing this for a bit of certainty, locking a bunch of customers in for two years?

Back
Top Bottom